Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Update

Latest round up in Microsoft’s backwards compatibility for Xbox One/360.

Cool, Gears O W 2 is free this week and it is backward compatible to the X1.

Following on from yesterday’s announcement of the latest backwards compatible title Left 4 Dead 2, today we can bring you the news that another classic Xbox 360 game has just joined the list!

Dead Space, EA’s terrifying sci-fi survival horror, is now available to play on the Xbox One through backwards compatibility. If you haven’t grabbed it yet, the game will be in April’s Games with Gold.

For a full list of the games that are now backwards compatible, head on over to our Xbox One Backwards Compatibility page.

> In my opinion, if you haven’t played this, or skipped it for some stupid rreason, pick it up and play it. One of my favorite games ever.

I do know, but I didn’t see one for this game.

Saints Row IV

Though it has received an Xbox One remastering, fans of Saints Row IV can now access the 360 version on their current gen consoles, too. We knew it was coming, of course, since it’s a part of April’s lineup, but if you have it on disc or in your digital library you don’t need to wait for the game to become a free download on April 16th.

The game is one of several to receive such support this week which, as a whole, follows an also
busy previous week of backwards compatibility updates. It really feels like the feature is hitting its stride.

After a break of six days, Microsoft has now confirmed two more titles to be added to Xbox One Backwards Compatibility today.

Backbone Entertainment’s run & gun title Gunstar Heroes is a very small download at just 16.14 MB and our community estimates just 2-3 hours for the full 200G.

The Gunstar 9 planet was peaceful for many years until the vicious dictator, Colonel Red, kidnapped the Gunstar twins’ older brother and used mind control to make him his slave. You’ll face many different enemies and bosses as you battle to stop the dictator from unleashing “Golden Silver the Destructor” with apocalyptic consequences!

Meanwhile, Housemarque’s action-adventure title Outland will take up 527.34 MB of your hard drive space and is a longer completion at 8-10 hours.

In the middle of Balance and Chaos, now stands one man whose efforts may bridge the ancient divide, or doom the world to destruction. The award-winning studio Housemarque, maker of Super Stardust HD, has teamed up with Ubisoft to create an ambitious platformer inspired by epic adventures such as the Prince of Persia® series. Each player’s adventure will take him between light and darkness and force him to adapt to an ever-changing world.

There are alot of good oldies on this list…Golden Axe and Streets of Rage were some of my fav from old consoles.

Following swiftly on from Blue Dragon a couple of days ago, LIMBO (Xbox 360) will be playable on Xbox One later today thanks to backwards compatibility. Created by Playdead – who would go on to make the wonderful Inside released earlier this year – LIMBO is arguably one of the originators for indie game success on consoles, alongside Super Meat Boy and Braid.

Technically no it didn’t.

This is actually the 360 version, the one you’re talking about was released for the XBone.
This is for those that got it on the 360 and didn’t get the new version…now they can play it.

Six Titles Heading To Backwards Compatibility Today

With the news that the Bioshock trilogy would be joining the program, it’s already been a pretty good week for the Xbox One’s backwards compatibility. That good week is set to get better with another six titles becoming playable on Xbox One today.

Rockstar’s school-based sandbox Bully: Scholarship Edition, Atlus’ puzzle game Catherine (although that description sells the game extremely short), Halfbrick Studios’ action platformer Raskulls, appropriately named skydiving game Skydive: Proximity Flight, XBLA real time strategy game Planets Under Attack and finally, Japanese visual novel Clannad are all set to be playable on Xbox One later today. A small downside is, according to Major Nelson’s announcement tweet, Clannad is “Japan Only”. Presumably there may still be ways to play the game via region changing and such, but we thought we should let you know.

Another thing you should be made aware of is that this will be the final batch of games for the year as the backwards compatibility team at Xbox will be on a well-earned break.

For the full list of backwards compatible titles, you can check here.

Um…

Battlefield Bad Company 2

2 Likes

That was the game I cut my teeth on with the Xbox 360…

Fun story and great MP action.

One of the few BC games I still have a working disc for.

1 Like

To go with the mention above…

After a short break over the holiday period, Major Nelson has just announced that seven new Xbox 360 titles have been added to the ever-growing number of titles now playable on the Xbox One via backwards compatibility - the most notable being EA’s Battlefield 3, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Dragon Age: Origins.

Also added today are Slick Entertainment’s arcade racing game Scrap Metal, SpikySnail’s puzzle title The Splatters, as well as G.rev and FireForge Games’ shoot 'em ups Strania: The Stella Machina and Ghostbusters: The Video Game.

As always, you can find the complete list of backwards compatible games here.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Xbox Deals with Gold and Games with Gold Mega Thread

An added treat with this title… if you buy it, you also get a port of the original “American McGee’s Alice”. It’s a straight port, but still worth playing through if you were unfamiliar with the original. Plus, Achievements!

Still waiting for Crysis to come out backwards compatible.