New Member on Xbox One (West Coast) Here

Hi everyone! Thanks for accepting me into the group. A little about me: I’m 39 years old with a wife and two kids… I’m a manager in healthcare full-time and I teach part-time in the evenings for a local radiography program. I’ve been gaming for over 30 years and have been on Xbox since the original console came out. I’ve been part of a gaming community (not really a clan) for the last 5 years or so that seems to be dwindling, and I’m finding myself without squad-mates lately.

About gaming: I just upgraded to the Xbox One S today with a Black Friday deal… I’ve recently been playing Battlefield 1, and I’ll probably be checking out Gears of War 4 tonight since it came with my new console. I traditionally like first-person shooters, and usually play one or two nights a week from 7pm-11pm Pacific Standard Time. I’m hoping to find others to play either of these games with during those timeframes too. Other games I’ve been playing include BF4, Destiny, The Division and Star Wars Battlefront.

I do have a Turtle Beach headset and prefer to use chat to strategize and BS. I have a competitive streak occasionally, but more often than not, I’m pretty relaxed when it comes to gaming. It’s one of the few things I do for myself, so I try not to take it too seriously. I don’t swear much, but it doesn’t bother me, and you’ll find me either drinking coffee or a beer when I play.

Hope this wasn’t too long… thanks for reading if you made it this far!

*Edit: My GT is “CoffeeAddikshun” on Xbox Live in case you want to friend me.

5 Likes

Welcome bud.
Most of those titles are popular - Division has seen a recent surge since the DLC and BF1 is a current favourite.

Not heard many speak about SW Battlefront, not recently anyway…
BF4 is also in the background since BF1.

Sure you’ll find plenty here to play with (I’m PS4 myself).
Jump into Discord to find people online or post here in the forums if you want to plan ahead a little.

You sound like you’ll fit right in.

1 Like

Thanks… I’ll need to figure out the whole Discord thing. Haven’t used that before, but I’ll check it out!

Welcome to GRG man! Glad to have you aboard.

TexasReaperCrew on XB1

Thanks… Adding you TexasReaperCrew

1 Like

Welcome. Friend request on the way.

1 Like

Welcome

GT beers and leafs

1 Like

Welcome!
Arizona here, so it is nice to find more West Coast folks.

GT azshortbus35

I will add you to my FL

Welcome to GRG. Sent you a FR.

Welcome to GRG. I added you to my Friends List.

XBox GamerTag: Lala Calamari

I also added you to the BF1 players group. Check out the Gears of War one if interested.

@BattlefieldPlayers and @GoWPlayers add @CoffeeAddikshun to your friends list and get him in some games!

Welcome aboard. What do you play on gears? Some people are exclusively horde (yawn) I like to play it all.

GT- Cptnkillr

Thanks for friending everyone! I haven’t played much GoW yet… just a couple of chapters of the campaign. I’m going to need to get used to the control scheme, but up for anything though.

Welcome to the community.

1 Like

Welcome to the crew sir! GT: DuvalFunk Hope to game with you soon.

1 Like

I would like to run through the campaign if I can find someone to run it with.

For Battlefield or Gears? I haven’t started the BF campaign yet, but I’m on act 2 of Gears. I’m down for either one.

Haven’t started either one yet. Need to run them both. Can you co-op the BF1 campaign?

Not sure… I’ll give it a shot though next time I’m on

Honestly, I can’t remember when I made that comment and don’t remember which game it was for. I don’t have gears though. May get it at some point.

1 Like

Welcome to GRG! FR on the way!

1 Like