EA Access Will Enable Xbox One Owners To Play Star Wars Battlefront First

Star Wars Battlefront is widely considered to be one of the most anticipated games of 2015. With that in mind, EA may have made one of the most compelling cases for picking up an EA Access subscription yet, as head of Xbox, Phil Spencer, confirmed that the shooter will be made available to EA Access subscribers on Xbox One before launch.

Players can pick up an EA Access subscription for $4.99 a month or $29.99 for the entire year. In addition to giving players the ability to play games from EA before launch, the subscription also grants a 10% discount on all digital purchases of EA games on Xbox One, as well as unlimited access to several games in EA’s Vault. As of now, the service is exclusive to Xbox One.

I know I’m dreaming, but it would be great if they just gave Access subs that purchase Battlefront the ability to play the weekend before without restrictions.

I’m not sure if this is a huge deal… it could actually hurt them if the game doesnt live up to the hype. how far in advanced do you get it, a week?

Usually the weekend before.

If it is like normal a Week early, but you only get 10 hours with it.

Very tempting…mmmm

EA may have finally found something to make Johnny cave and give in to them.

I have EA access. I’m in!

So when is the 10% off put in place? Does the system know you have Access or do you buy it within the EA area?