Destiny 2 Mega Thread

I’ll probably try the open beta - even if just to see how my machine copes.

@PCGamers

Oh shoot , I took myself off thinking you would have to start a new clan with Destiny 2. Guess the nothing carries over theme is stuck in my mind :expressionless:

Can’t wait for some PvP action.

2 Likes

Is destiny gonna be the primary fps for GRG through the fall and winter?

Is that a real question?

2 Likes

Yes lol

Then… Yes.

I’ll play it, but in the beta all the guns felt the same. I’m actually looking forward to CoD WW2 more.

That could kill the replay value - hunting for loot and enjoying the weapons was half of what kept me going back.

I’m hoping COD:WW2 is good.

No . COD WILL RULE AGAIN !!! Destiny will become secondary followed by Battlefront 2 unless Player unknown game comes out soon which will just totally flip everything.

2 Likes

Yes we will see who rules once battlefront 2 comes out! Am excited for both that and D2

I don’t care who rules I will be glad to have more than one game I enjoy playing without switching to console exclusives. I hope they all rule as I think we all deserve it after spending so much time and money on hardware the last year. I spent more money on games I did not play often that were hyped and turned out to be meh.

2 Likes

Omg I so agree so have been saving just for d2 and battlefront

New launch trailer…

7 Likes

This isn’t new information but I don’t think it was ever posted here and several members of GRG did mention noticing these issues in the console beta.
The below notes are from the community update from Bungie on the 10th August 2017.

FIXED: Infinite Super Glitch

Infinite Supers are all well and good until someone loses an eye.

FIXED: Warlock Glide Glitch

This bug was awesome… So awesome it hurt us a little bit to kill it. Thanks to those in the console Beta who helped us track this down.

FIXED: Infinite Grenades Glitch

Another issue found with the help of our friends in the console Beta. (Thank you!)

FIXED: Warlocks now have the same Melee Range as all other classes

With the exception of where perks directly increase their range, Warlocks will punch like the rest of us. Our PC friends will get a chance to experience a world with consistent base melee ranges. So will the rest of you, when the game launches.

TWEAKED: Globally reduced the time it takes to charge your Super

This was a big change that came directly from your feedback during the console beta. We agree it was taking a bit too long to cook up a Super.

TWEAKED: Increased Grenade Damage in PvE

Increased damage helps Grenades feel as powerful as they should facing hordes of alien combatants and, more specifically, makes the longer cooldowns more palatable. We want abilities to be slightly more rare, but worth it. In the console Beta, the “worth it” part wasn’t quite there yet.

TWEAKED: Increased Power Ammo drops in PvE

This is something we had felt internally and have been slowly tuning up over the last several weeks. The PC beta has been updated with our new values and will provide much more Power ammo in PvE than what was found before. Power ammo can also be directly farmed from all Yellow Bar Combatants. Go big, Guardians!

Quickplay

Matchmaking times will be shorter, with less emphasis on Skill. This is the fastest route to a game, but you may face opponents outside of your comfort zone. The winning score in Control has been extended from 75 to 100 to allow for more time to play and use your abilities. Because too many matches were shorter than we expected (some Guardians weren’t even able charge their Super) we’ve extended the trigger for the Mercy rule so it will come into play less often.

Competitive

Matchmaking takes more time to introduce you to players that are closer to you in skill with a good connection. These matchmaking settings may take longer, but we feel that the quality of the gameplay experience will be worth the wait. We have also made improvements to the way we calculate your skill in Countdown to better reflect how you’ll perform against your opponents.

Destiny 2 PC Security: Third-party App Compatibility

Last week, we published an article to prepare players for third party app features that may not be compatible with Destiny 2 on PC. While third party applications will not fully lose functionality during Destiny 2 PC gameplay, features that attempted to insert code into the game will not be compatible. The following are answers to the most frequently asked questions in the help forum:

Will these security measures only impact third party applications during the Destiny 2 PC Beta?

No, this will apply to both the Destiny 2 PC Beta and full Destiny 2 PC release on October 24.

How will players monitor FPS performance during gameplay?

Destiny 2 on PC will include an in-game FPS counter.

How will players be able to monitor hardware performance?

Hardware performance monitors will be able to function alongside Destiny 2 PC, but any form of overlay functionality will be restricted.

Will Destiny 2 on PC include a frame rate target option?

Yes, Destiny 2 on PC will include the ability to specify a frame rate upper-limit (via a config file).

Are third-party streaming and communications applications completely broken by this security feature?

No. Players may stream Destiny 2 PC using supported modes within the streaming software (e.g. OBS, XSplit, etc). Communication applications such as Discord and Mumble will work normally except for the overlay of their UI in the game.

Why are streaming, capture or overlay applications being impacted by these security measures?

The methods that some third-party applications use to add features (inserting code into the game client) are the same as some of the methods hackers and cheaters use to disrupt the experience of other players. As a part of our security efforts, we have designed Destiny 2 for PC to resist all attempts from external applications to insert code into the game client.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46118?modal=true

2 Likes

There’s been some confusion regarding locked loadouts in Destiny 2, as gameplay lead Justin Truman’s comments to PCGamesN at Gamescom seemed to indicate that these would indeed be locked in some activities:

1 Like

Ty very much for all the bug fixes! Much good info me thank em u much lol

Technically the new clan page on Bungie is available.
Though the page is also currently down… Not sure why, seems like it wasn’t long after the changes had been made.

The page is now up!

I just watched some stuff from the EDZ from Bungie’s youtube channel. Sept. 6 cannot come soon enough

1 Like