Destiny 2 Mega Thread

Watch Destiny 2 Beta Player Glitch Into An Unfinished Area (SPOILERS)

Destiny 2 beta confirms weapon and armor mods

With the PS4 beta for Destiny 2 going live today, we now have confirmation that weapon and armor items will be getting mods for both stats and shaders. In the first game most loot came with prepackaged perks and attributes which were selected from a pool of possibilities by an invisible dice roll. For the sequel, we know that RNG is being reduced with static rolls for gear, but to stop that from being boring, youā€™ll also be able to customise your gear with various mods.

Dive into the inventory menu then inspect a weapon, and the mod slots are listed in the bottom half of the screen. The first slot in the image enables you to ā€˜infuseā€™ (ie consume) another weapon of the same type with higher stats in order to power up the existing weapon. Nothing new there, but itā€™ll be interesting to see if infusion still offers a 1:1 exchange rate in terms of Light level.

The second slot is used for the perk of your choosing. In this case, as this is an ā€˜energy weaponā€™, the slot is used to change the weaponā€™s elemental type to Arc, which is basically sci-fi electricity. This being a beta, access to content is tightly restricted, and we havenā€™t seen any mods dropping yet, so canā€™t confirm what the non-elemental perks are, or comment on their power levels. At this point itā€™s also not clear whether weapons will be able to have multiple perk-adding mods attached. Weapons also come with intrinsic perks, which may or may not be static. Thereā€™s a chance RNG is still in the mix, though weā€™re betting those perks are more specialized than the swappable mod perks.

The remaining slot is for the more fashionable among us, and used for swapping out shaders to color and decorate weapons and armor. Previously, only Exotic weapons could change appearance, via the use of ā€˜ornamentsā€™ (ie skins), which could either be found in loot packages or bought with silver dust, the currency used for microtransactions. While armor could always be altered with shaders in Destiny 1, weapons couldnā€™t, and previously the shader had to be applied holistically, meaning you couldnā€™t just have purple legs. It was all purple or bust.

Being able to color individual weapons and pieces of armor is going to lead to some glorious and terrible looks, and probably one of the improvements Iā€™m most interested in. Make sure to bookmark r/DestinyFashion in advance.

Finally, below the three slots is an empty grid, which Iā€™m guessing is just inventory space for spare mods. Itā€™s also worth noting that in the current build, exotic weapons donā€™t seem to have slots for mods, which is no great surprise as these guns have always had static perk rolls to reflect their uniqueness.

2 Likes

Titan subclass - Sentinel

• Tap R1 + L1 to summon the shield
  • R1 is a Normal Swing
  • R2 is a Heavy Swing and has a small AoE effect
  • L2 can be used to Guard with the Shield
  • L1 can be used to throw the Shield
  • Hold R1 + L1 to create a bubble dome (Armour of Light)

Hunter subclass - Arcstrider

• Melee: Basic Slash
  • Primary Fire: Razorā€™s Edge
  • Melee + Primary Fire: Uppercut
  • Melee + Melee + Melee: Ground Pole Slam
  • Melee + Melee + Primary Fire: Arc Palm Blast
  • (Mid-Air) Primary Fire: Aerial Ground Slam

Dodge ability seems weak

Warlock subclass -

You press and hold L1 to drain super energy.
This seems to be capped; as you will see a visual change on the grenade you hold in hand. However, you can continue to drain past said point, to no obvious benefit.

Glitches:

Up, down, up, down, A, A, B, A, start, select.

God mode enabled

3 Likes

Beta servers are up on x1. Go, go, go.

3 Likes

New PVP mode: Survival and new map.

1 Like

A new pre-order trailer for Destiny 2 was just released that attempts to incentivise players by showing off the Coldheart Exotic Trace Rifle, which is a pre-order bonus.

Oh, and the trailer also features Guardians dancing to ā€œIce Ice Babyā€ by Vanilla Ice, just in case the new weapon didnā€™t grab your attention. Check it out below.

https://youtu.be/I60-9lxVWHc

Destiny 2 is set to launch on September 6th.

2 Likes

You also get a Ghost and an Emote, though this Exotic weapon is clearly the focus.
The weapon will still be made available to everyone else, though not until early December (probably a time-locked quest or the first DLC).

I believe there is a Legendary Sword and Emblem available if you preorder one of the shiny Premium versions too.

So I assume u will get a budgie code or something for those who already preorderedā€¦?

Bungie code?
Figure so, it was only recently announced and I figure weā€™ll get them closer to the time.

Does anyone know WTF is going on with no Xbox limited edition available at Best Buy or Amazon? Gamestop has it but I dont biz with those bandits.

1 Like

Amazon UK always seem to sell out of the shiny versions of popular games like really fast and then never restock.

its not that the LTD Ed is out of stock, itā€™s just not even an option for xbox, there is one for PS4 listed.

No clue about the editions. I just got the digital edition because I got lazy and didnā€™t feel like swapping out the disk. Also, by the time Iā€™m done with the game the trade in will be less then a night at Gunnyā€™s Glory hole.

2 Likes

Ohh.
No idea.
Iā€™ll try and find some info on it later.

Let me know when GRG sets up clan for D2. I am never sure if it goes with first or you have to start all over for D2 Anyone know ?

Are we transferring the D1 clan or r we making a new one?

Iā€™ll probably break down and just buy the digital version but I still prefer physical bc I get 20% off and other perks for preorder at Best Buy with GCU

1 Like

How Bungie handles clans is truly fucktarded. They lock them at 100. I migrated the XBox clan, @unobtainaballs needs to migrate the PS4 one. The changes go in effect sometime August (I think Aug 23rd??).

Since there is a 100 member limit, we decided to remove all the existing people and have everyone re-apply. Iā€™m sure there are a few people that are no longer GRG or wonā€™t be getting the game. Weā€™ll post up on when to join.

3 Likes

Destiny 2 Beta PC launch date and pc requirements.

Bungie just shared a lot of information on the upcoming Destiny 2 PC beta test. Early access to it will be available on August 28th if you pre-ordered the game, while everyone else will be able to play on August 29th; the Destiny 2 PC beta will end on August 31st.

Recommended Spec
CPU
Intel ā€“ Core i5-2400
AMD ā€“ Ryzen R5 1600X
GPU
Nvidia ā€“ GeForce GTX 970
AMD ā€“ Radeon R9 390
RAM
8GB
Minimum Spec
CPU
Intel ā€“ Core i3-3250
AMD ā€“ FX-4350
GPU
Nvidia ā€“ GeForce GTX 660 2GB
AMD ā€“ Radeon HD 7850 2GB
RAM
6GB
If youā€™re upgrading, here is hardware thatā€™s available today and runs the game well:
Recommended
CPU ā€“ Intel Core i5-7400
GPU ā€“ Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Minimum
CPU ā€“ Intel Pentium G4560
GPU ā€“ Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB
Bungieā€™s Event Machine
CPU ā€“ Intel i7-7700k
GPU ā€“ Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB

1 Like