Xbox Play Anywhere

IGN has a list of the announced Play Anywhere games as of now.

Gears of War 4
Phantom Dust
Killer Instinct: Seasons 1, 2, and 3
Forza Horizon 3
ReCore
Cuphead
Slime Rancher
The Culling
Everspace
ARK: Survival Evolved
Sea of Thieves
Scalebound
State of Decay 2
Halo Wars 2
We Happy Few
Crackdown 3

3 Likes

Very curious to see how the market responds to this and how gaming is affected by it.

Sounds like a great Reapercast topic.

1 Like

Gears of War 4? I might be tempted to buy a decent laptop if the play anywhere actually works.

This would make a good reapercast topic. My questions would be for those games in which the pc and xbox versions are so different. Of course im talking Ark, but there will be others. From the pc side, will you have an xbox version and a regular pc version. The cross-play will only work one way, the pc guys could choose a different version and play with guys on xbox live. The xbox guys couldn’t play with everyone on a pc. The games are too different between the 2 platforms. I would prefer they merge but the xbox isn’t capable at the moment.

i think that will be the majority of people.
I just read this morning online about Ark being on the list for play anywhere. Like many others, the games are totally different between the platforms.
It may be that its just not truly cross-play. The individual can play there game on either platform but will be limited to the servers they are able to play on and which version they are able to play. The only difference will be using the mouse and keyboard or a controller.
It will be an interesting thing to watch. With the Minecraft realms thing and this type of stuff, it will have to be addressed. Any game with mods and different versions will have to figure it out.

Never mind, found the answer. The Steam pc version will be left as a standalone version. There will be the xbox version playable on both xbox and pc.
That will be nice for the xbox, rentable dedicated servers on pcs will be coming soon. With that, the possibility for more mod support should be close as well.
@anon68545142, yes especially as we learn more about scorpio.

Well apparently when you purchase a play anywhere game it will automatically install in both areas. Bought Gears on my Xbox with no intention to play on my PC. Looking at my programs today and I see 80 gigs of Gears installed.