The douchebaggery continues in Warzone

Hopefully Activision produces a quick and proper reporting on PC. And Microsoft and Sony need to step up on Live and PSLive.

I have only seen people go inside walls once and honestly, it didn’t really affect me at all. It was in Downtown and it’s easy enough to stay away from them.

I haven’t come cross anything yet on Warzone but did come across using an aimbot on XBL. I have crossplay disabled too.

There are times I have questioned heavily about getting shot when I have been behind a wall or being in an area that has very limited line of sight.
I personally still think they need to stop allowing PC to cross with consoles and just keep Xbox & PS4 together.
If there is going to be PC still, then maybe you need to offer PC people 2 options, PC only and cross-play, but the cross play has the same lock down that consoles do for software that is suppose to stop cheating.

Totally agree with the PC cross play. Xbox and PS4 should be cross play only.

I have noticed slight to severe lag lately. Yet, when I lag the moment an enemy and I see each other and I die, I wonder if the lag switch is still a thing.

https://blog.activision.com/call-of-duty/2020-03/Cheaters-Not-Welcomed-in-Call-of-Duty-Warzone

We employ a number of programs in place to combat both cheaters and cheat providers.

• Our security teams monitor 24/7 to investigate data and identify potential infractions.
  • The teams review all possible cheats and hacks, this includes identifying use of aimbots, wallhacks and more.
  • We’re working to improve our in-game system for reporting potential cheating. Plans are underway to streamline the UI for a more seamless reporting experience.
  • For all reports that are received in-game, they are both analyzed and filtered based on key data.
  • Once investigations are complete, we will continue to work as quickly as possible to ban.

Moving forward, we will aim to provide a regular count on the latest number of bans issued, as needed.

1 Like

Just read that at IGN.com Lala. Glad they are policing so much. It cannot be an easy task.

Activision bans over 50,000 cheaters in Call of Duty: Warzone

Activision is taking a “zero tolerance” approach towards cheaters in Call of Duty: Warzone. In a new blog post, the publisher announced that it has permanently banned over 50,000 players who have been cheating.

Warzone was released just over three weeks ago. Since day one, Activision has been banning players who have been caught cheating — that figure now exceeds 50,000 players. “We take all forms of cheating very seriously, maintaining a level and fair playing field for everyone is among our highest priorities. This is an area we have been working on heavily, but it isn’t always something we discuss publicly,” says Activision.

The publisher has put in place several measures to combat cheaters and those who provide cheats. Security teams are said to be monitoring the game 24/7 to identify potential infractions. They also review all known cheats and hacks, so tools like aimbots and wallhacks can be identified. Activision is also planning on improving the in-game system for reporting cheaters.

“Simply put, there’s no place for cheating. We recognize that there’s no single solution for combating cheaters, it’s a constant enforcement every day, 24/7. Rest assured, we’re committed to ensuring a fun and fair experience for everyone.”

Activision will be providing updates on the number of player bans issued in the future.

1 Like

They may have got 50K players, but it seems the ones they miss are always in the games I am playing. :triumph:

1 Like

At this point I’d like them to focus on Audio. The audio is so messed up which is a real shame as it’s so necessary in a BR game. Last night APMech and I got run over by a car that we never heard. Like, wtf?

2 Likes

Today playing a Warzone game with Fetal and Vikes, I died a few times due to not hearing any steps. Even in the Gulag I had audio issues.