Season One Reloaded continues in Black Ops Cold War with this week’s new game content update launching at 11PM PT Feb. 3rd / 2AM ET Feb. 4th / 7AM GMT Feb. 4th ! This free update brings new content to Multiplayer and Zombies, along with new modes and featured playlists, gameplay improvements, stability and bug fixes, weapon tuning in both modes, and much more.
Here’s what to expect, along with patch notes down below:
“FIREBASE Z” ARRIVES IN ZOMBIES
The wait is over, Zombies fans. Experience the next chapter of the Dark Aether story this week in “Firebase Z,” free for all Black Ops Cold War players on all platforms.
On their mission to save Samantha Maxis from Omega Group, Requiem must face the forces lurking deep in the jungles of Vietnam at Outpost 25, including shapeshifting Mimics, Dark Aether Hellhounds, the return of the infamous Mangler… and something definitely not of this world.
Dive deep into the narrative behind “Firebase Z” at our 115 Day Blog, and get an inside look at what’s in store from long-time veterans of the Treyarch Zombies team before you and your friends jump in this week:
For those eager to get in on the Easter Egg hunt, the main quest will be enabled on Friday, Feb. 5th starting at 9AM PT / 12PM ET / 5PM GMT to allow everyone around the world to start on equal footing. Be sure to get some sleep before we open the floodgates!
NEW TOMBSTONE PERK AND SUPPORT ITEMS
“Firebase Z” is just the start of this week’s new Zombies content. Players will get access to the new Tombstone Soda Perk from the dedicated Tombstone machine in “Firebase Z,” and in “Die Maschine” via the updated Der Wunderfizz machine.
With just one sip, you’ll become a shadow in the Dark Aether after you go down on the battlefield, giving you a fighting chance to rejoin the land of the living before you bleed out. Upgrade your Perk Skill all the way to Tier III, and you’ll drop a Tombstone stash on death that saves your weapons, equipment, and resources for you to retrieve when you’re back on your feet.
The Napalm Strike and Artillery Scorestreaks also join the list of craftable Support items this week in Zombies, allowing players to wreak havoc on the undead from above in both “Firebase Z” and “Die Maschine.” Be sure to deploy these strategically during the new Assault Rounds in “Firebase Z” – you’re going to need all the help you can get to keep the squad alive.
DEAD OPS ARCADE AND ONSLAUGHT UPDATES
For Dead Ops Arcade 3 fans (and trophy hunters with their eye on the Platinum), this week’s new Solo Advanced Start mode gives solo players a leg-up against the Mamaback by starting the adventure at your highest arena checkpoint. While all stats, leaderboards, and challenges are disabled in this mode, achievements including “Reunited with Fidolina” can still be completed, making this week the perfect time to jump into Dead Ops Arcade to add one of the game’s most demanding accomplishments to your trophy shelf.
On PlayStation, Express comes to Onslaught along with improved zombie spawns and additional enemy types from “Firebase Z” to keep you and your partner on your toes. Survive the surges long enough to take home the Gold, and you just might discover some new in-game intel.
ZOMBIES WEAPON TUNING + MORE
Oh, and we heard you really like killing zombies in Zombies, so we buffed the critical damage and max ammo stock on every assault rifle and SMG in the game, increased the base damage and range on the Streetsweeper shotgun, and made the Cryofreeze Ammo Mod even more awesome with a super-short cooldown period.
We’ve also introduced an all-new "Requiem Advancement” category of Challenges, available in the Zombies Challenges menu between the Battle Hardened and Dark Ops categories. This includes a set of six new “Firebase Z Report” Challenges to conquer, each with their own unique Calling Card reward to earn. There’s also a brand-new Dark Ops Challenge to take on in “Firebase Z,” if you dare…
Read on below for the full list of Zombies gameplay improvements, stability and bug fixes, and a massive list of Dead Ops Arcade updates in the patch notes.
EXPRESS MAKES ITS COLD WAR DEBUT
In Multiplayer, a true Black Ops II classic returns as Express joins the 6v6 rotation. Whether you’re a seasoned BO2 veteran or a humble newcomer, this modern Los Angeles rail station has plenty of competitive mayhem to offer, including some of the most intense S&D matches you’ll ever experience in Call of Duty .
To celebrate the debut of this beloved map, we’re launching the new Express 24/7 playlist, featuring a moshpit of fast-paced 6v6 modes on Express to keep the whole squad coming back for more. Check it out in our featured playlists for core modes, also available in Hardcore via Quick Play.
40-PLAYER ENDURANCE MODE
Grab three friends and say hello to your new favorite game mode. If you haven’t been dropping into Black Ops Cold War ’s biggest maps since day one, this week’s new Endurance mode is about to change all that.
With 40 total players in the mix, 10 squads of four drop into Sanatorium, Ruka, and Alpine to collect uranium and detonate bombs as they compete for the top of the leaderboard. In Endurance, however, two crucial changes make all the difference.
After one bomb detonates, a new bomb will immediately come online to ensure five bombs are always in play, eliminating the inevitable chaos of all 40 players scrambling to detonate a single bomb. The score limit has also been doubled from 500 to 1,000, giving players plenty of time to rack up huge amounts of XP per match.
The result: more opportunities for insane vehicle plays, more late-game comebacks, and more chances to complete those elusive Dark Ops and Operator Skin challenges. Jump in this week and experience Black Ops Cold War ’s wildest MP mode like never before.
PROP HUNT & GUNFIGHT UPDATES
This week’s update brings four additional maps to Prop Hunt during Season One Reloaded. Get ready to play a deadly game of hide-and-seek with entirely new sets of props on Express, Raid, Crossroads Strike, and Armada Strike.
In Gunfight , Nuketown ’84 joins the map rotation this week, bringing the total 2v2 map collection to five. For those of you looking to settle some beef in private matches, we’re delivering Gunfight Custom Games with this update, available in both 2v2 and 3v3 variants! 3v3 Gunfight Snipers Only also returns in this week’s featured playlists to replace Snipers Only Moshpit. Get out there and make us proud.
LAUNCHER TUNING, MODE UPDATES + MORE
For those of you looking to earn your Diamond Launchers (or maybe looking for a little help against Flak Jacket users), this week’s update increases the minimum damage level for both Launcher class weapons. We’ve also made some new changes to Hardpoint, Dropkick, Control, and CDL Custom Games, as well as some much-needed equipment balance adjustments.
Last but not least, we’ve updated the Music Player to include original Treyarch music unlocked via War Tracks, including “Pentagon,” “Rooftops,” “115,” and “Damned” from the original Black Ops soundtrack. Look for more Treyarch tracks to become available in future seasons!
READY UP FOR LEAGUE PLAY ON FEB. 8TH
As the CDL 2021 season gets closer to kickoff, we’re putting the finishing touches on our newest iteration of League Play, scheduled to launch on Monday, Feb. 8th. Built on the foundations of Black Ops 4’s popular ladder system, Black Ops Cold War’s League Play will offer even more Ranks for competitive fans to climb during intense League Play Events.
Keep an eye out for more info on what to expect, and tune into the first matches of the Call of Duty League’s 2021 season on Feb. 11th with the Atlanta FaZe Home Series.
DOUBLE XP WEEKEND BEGINS FEB. 5TH
Ready to hit Prestige Master?
Double XP Weekend kicks off in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone at 10AM PT Friday, Feb. 5th and lasts until 10AM PT Monday, Feb. 8th to get everyone leveling up twice as fast. Whether you’re frying on Express or slaying in Outpost 25, we’ve got you covered. And on PlayStation, the 2XP starts a day sooner, starting at 10AM PT Feb. 4th on PS4 and PS5.
See below for everything new in Black Ops Cold War as Season One Reloaded continues with our update going live at 11PM PT Feb. 3 / 2AM ET Feb. 4 , and visit our Trello board to see what else we’re currently tracking. See you online!
- Addressed an issue that led to choppy Voice Chat in some circumstances.
- Express now available in map rotation in Core and Hardcore modes.
- Express 24/7 playlist now available.
- Addressed an issue with uneven map distribution in non-map voting playlists.
Endurance (40 Players) [NEW]
- New high-player count mode available on Sanatorium, Ruka, and Alpine.
- After one bomb detonates, a new one comes online to take its place, so five bombs are always available instead of an initial set that gets reduced to a single bomb before the next wave.
- Score limit doubled from 500 to 1,000.
- Added new maps to Prop Hunt rotation:
- Crossroads Strike
- Armada Strike
- Added new maps to Prop Hunt rotation:
- Added Nuketown '84 to Gunfight map rotation.
- 2v2 and 3v3 Gunfight now available in Custom Games.
- Updated Hardpoint Owned score event to increase in score the longer a player controls the Hardpoint. This score modifier will reset upon leaving the Hardpoint.
- Reduced Hardpoint Secured score event from 50 to 25 score.
- Reduced how late players can join a match in progress.
- Additional defender spawn points added and logic updated for the B capture point on Raid.
CDL Custom Game Modes
- Increased player count to allow for two Spectators in CDL Hardpoint, CDL Search & Destroy, and CDL Control.
- Express 24/7 [NEW]
- Endurance FTDB (40 Players) [NEW]
- Gunfight Blueprints (including Nuketown '84)
- Prop Hunt (4 maps added to rotation)
- 3v3 Gunfight Snipers Only
- Face Off (3v3)
- Nuketown 24/7
- Increased minimum damage for the two Launcher class weapons.
- Addressed an issue where players inside smoke from a Smoke Grenade would gain aim assist against players outside the smoke.
- Decreased hip-fire accuracy when priming a grenade while sprinting.
- Original Treyarch music unlocked via War Tracks can now be played in the Music Player in the Barracks, including “Pentagon,” “Rooftops,” “115,” and “Damned.”
Firebase Z [NEW]
- New “Firebase Z” map now available via Endless and Round 20 playlists for all players.
- Players can now complete the full Omega Intel collection in “Die Maschine.”
- Addressed an issue on “Die Maschine” that rarely positioned players outside of the map when teleporting from the Dark Aether.
Express (Onslaught - PS4/PS5)
- Express now available in Onslaught on PlayStation.
- Firebase Z Endless [NEW]
- Firebase Z Round 20 [NEW]
- Dead Ops Arcade Solo Advanced Start [NEW]
- Onslaught Express [NEW] (PS4/PS5)
Tombstone Soda [NEW]
- Tombstone Soda Perk now available in “Firebase Z” and via Der Wunderfizz in “Die Maschine.”
- Addressed an issue that prevented Quick Revive from reducing the time it takes to regenerate to full health.
Napalm Strike [NEW]
- Napalm Strike now available as Support in Zombies.
- Artillery now available as Support in Zombies.
- The Self-Revive will now only drop if a player in the game can equip it.
- Capped the maximum amount of Self-Revives that can drop in a game to the total number of players in the game.
- Addressed an issue that allowed duplicating the Sentry Turret support item.
- Increased critical hit damage on all assault rifles.
- Increased max ammo stock on all assault rifles.
- Increased critical hit damage on all SMGs.
- Increased max ammo stock on all SMGs.
- Increased base damage on the Streetsweeper shotgun.
- Increased range of the Streetsweeper shotgun.
- Addressed an issue that prevented attachments from appearing on the “Western Justice” Weapon Blueprint.
- Level 1 Armor will now replace the first Armor Shard drop in a game when no players have Armor.
- Reduced Cryofreeze cooldown from 3 seconds to 1 second to make it a more dependable method of slowing enemies.
- Added new "Requiem Advancement” category of Challenges for future additions.
- Added first set of six new Requiem Advancement Challenges: “Firebase Z Report.”
- Added new Dark Ops Challenge for “Firebase Z.”
Dead Ops Arcade 3
Solo Advanced Start [NEW]
- New private playlist available for Solo players.
- Allows players to start at their highest arena checkpoint reached in Solo mode. No stats or challenges are recorded, but achievements can be completed, including “Reunited with Fidolina.”
- Added new pickup item: Divine Shield Potion – Grants player Divine Shield buff that allows player to absorb one damage event (30 min. expiration).
- Added new key spawn locations: Added to the high road tunnel route.
- Added a 1.5-second damage shield on player while in First Person when damage occurs.
- Made slight adjustment to multiplier progression.
- Auto-life donation now begins automatically after Round 64. The player with the highest lives to spare will now donate to downed teammates with a cooldown of 120 seconds.
- Addressed an issue where the player’s shield was active even though effect was not visible.
- Addressed an issue that prevented extra lives from being awarded at expected score thresholds.
- Various gameplay bug fixes related to Fated Chicken disappearance, control bindings when exiting vehicles, unwanted deaths associated with traps, invisible electrical poles, missile turrets killing players, etc.
Enemies and Friendly AI
- Greatly reduced Spider melee range.
- Removed Skeleton boss from arena spawning.
- Removed Demons from arena spawning.
- Reduced Megaton melee distance.
- Reduced Megaton arena spawn rate after Round 64.
- Reduced Megaton health in arena.
- Megaton Orb weapon is no longer a one-hit kill in arena.
- After Round 64, enemy target selection behavior is now weighted entirely toward proximity.
- Increased friendly skeleton horde health, enemy quantity, time duration, and weapon damage.
- Addressed an issue where melee damage caused by a friendly skeleton guardian was not registering against enemies.
- Addressed an issue where zombies could speed up while under the clock time slowdown effect.
- Addressed an issue where explosive damage vs. Spider / Meatball enemies did not register correctly.
- Addressed an issue where Spider enemies would not show up on radar.
- Addressed an issue that allowed the Gladiator “Marauder” enemy to melee kill the player when it wasn’t facing the appropriate direction.
- Addressed an issue where the Margwa was not dropping loot when killed.
- Divine Chalice fated players now earn extra life 37.5% faster than standard players at every 125,000 points.
- Divine Chalice fated users now respawn with temporary vitality buff.
- Divine Shield fated players now respawn with Divine Shield buff.
- After Round 64, when a Divine Shield fated player picks up a nuke drop, all players will now be granted a nuke.
- Friendship fated player chickens now last 25% longer.
- The Golden Chicken associated with Friendship Fate now periodically produces eggs in arena.
- After Round 64, the Golden Chicken associated with Friendship Fate will now have permanently upgraded weaponry.
- Addressed an issue that could prevent players from collecting a Fate in the Room of Fate when the room timed out (i.e. grabbing a Fate Rock with less than 4 seconds before the room expired).
- Added lighting in the Room of Fate above Fate Rock pedestals five and six.
- Addressed an issue with various particle effects having visibility issues.
- Addressed an issue that could prevent the player’s selected character skin from showing up correctly.
- Addressed an issue with the shotgun pickup that could cause it to initially begin firing slowly before speeding up.
- Added various crash fixes.
- Added various exploit fixes.
- Added new camera mode: Extra High.
- Addressed an issue where the player was not able to use the flashlight in First Person.
- Addressed an issue with some collision in the Water Temple arena.
- Addressed an issue in splitscreen mode where players would enter The Wild in shared viewport mode.
- Onslaught Express playlist now available on PlayStation. [NEW]
- Spaced out special enemy spawns.
- Added additional enemies to the mode from “Firebase Z.”
- Added various crash fixes.
- Party Leader is no longer required to have Dead Ops Arcade 3 installed for their party to join for other Zombies game modes.
- Addressed an issue that caused zombies to maintain a slowdown debuff forever if it ended while they were mantling.
- Added various crash fixes.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when watching a replay in Theater.
- Fixed a crash that could prevent the game from starting under some conditions on Windows 7.
- Addressed an issue that could result in loss of keyboard/mouse functionality when opening and closing the Windows key + G capture menu.
- Addressed an issue where players could get stuck in the pause menu under certain circumstances during a game.
- Treyarch and Beenox