Red Dead Redemption 2 Mega thread

megathread
reddeadredemption
rockstargames
upcomingreleases

I was at it close to an hour before I had to leave, still had about thirty minutes to go.

See, I still prefer the media versions. Can take it with, loan it to a friend, sell it.

True.
I agree in principle - I just never end up doing any of those things.

For me if I am pretty certain I will love the game, I go digital. Otherwise, I will get physical. I honestly just don’t trade games in anymore anyway and prefer the convenience (this game is a great case in point) of preloading.

I honestly don’t care. Physical copies are a pain and I don’t like getting them. Doesn’t matter if I play the game for 2 hrs or 200. I’ll get digital

Red Dead Redemption 2 Has the Biggest Opening Weekend in Entertainment History

As no strangers to ridiculous record-breaking launches, Rockstar Games has proudly revealed that Red Dead Redemption 2 has enjoyed the biggest opening weekend in retail entertainment history, among a bunch of other accolades.

Considering that Grand Theft Auto V released on a Tuesday, Red Dead Redemption 2 enjoyed a clear path to becoming the biggest selling entertainment product launched over a weekend. Beyond the weekend statistic, Red Dead can still enjoy the silver medal; with $725 million in worldwide retail, the Wild West sequel only loses out to Grand Theft Auto V in terms of sales in the first three days.

Elsewhere, Red Dead Redemption 2 has become the most pre-ordered full game in history on the PlayStation Network and enjoyed the biggest day-one sales ever on Sony’s store as well. The announcement didn’t include any Xbox statistics.

Well Rockstar has done it again! They now have the top 2 spots all time!

Red Dead Redemption 2 Bug Produces Unlimited Gold Bars

When an epic and daunting open-world game comes along, naturally the first thing the gaming community focuses on is ways to exploit the economy and bypass all that hard work. Red Dead Redemption 2 is no different. A couple of cowboys on the Red Dead Redemption subreddit have found a way to nab unlimited gold bars, for as long as your patience will hold in selling them off. MagnusTS found the exploit, though hoedoor101001110 managed to clarify the steps.

Use this exploit at your own risk. Rockstar will likely patch it, and we have no idea whether that fix might damage your save. Make sure to manually save the game on a separate file if you’re feeling like getting your hands dirty.

The exploit is available from the second chapter, once you have set up camp in Horseshoe Overlook. You want to head directly southwest of the camp to the burned-down town of Limpany, just north of Flatneck Station. In the town you will find an abandoned Sherrif’s Office. Head to the desk on the left of the entrance and look down to find a lock box. Open it but don’t loot the contents yet . You’ll see a gold bar and a pamphlet in there (don’t touch the pamphlet at any point in these steps). While the box is open and the option to loot the gold bar is visible on your HUD (you need to be standing right over it), make sure that Autosave is off and then make a manual save of your game.

You have to make at least one manual save before turning off Autosave, otherwise manual saving is locked out. Head to the Story menu and make a manual save, then to Settings to turn Autosave off. Now make an extra manual save for your heinous exploits.

When you re-load this save, Arthur will respawn just outside of the burned-down town. Head back to the office and go to the loot box. The pamphlet will have disappeared — that’s how you know the glitch is working. Now pick up the gold bar. Now pick it up again. The gold bar will duplicate ad infinitum, though Arthur can only carry 30. Once done, head to a fence and sell off the gold bars — in the beginning of the game you will have to ride all the way to the south-east corner of the map and drop them off at the fence in Saint Denis. (Later on other fences will unlock which may provide a quicker route).

Now head back to the Sherrif’s Office and close the box. Open it again — this resets the pamphlet. Make a manual save, and start the process over again.

Selling 30 gold bars to the fence will net you $15,000, so even one go-around with this exploit will give a significant advantage in the early game. However it’s worth stating again that you exploit this obvious glitch at your own risk, and while your Honor won’t be affected in game, we can’t speak for the Honor in your heart.

Red Dead Redemption 2: A Nasty Bug Is Causing Camp Members To Vanish

An unfortunate bug appears to have been found in Red Dead Redemption 2 that is causing several camp members to disappear. While the problem doesn’t affect the main storyline, some players are unwittingly missing out on content.

According to an on-going Reddit conversation, players are finding that Sadie, Abigail and Jack are flat out vanishing from camp just shortly after the beginning of the game’s second chapter — in other words, almost as soon as the game properly kicks off.

The leading theory is that the bug is related to Uncle’s first mission in camp. It appears that if players choose to accept Uncle’s mission first (in which Arthur takes some members of the camp into town), this can cause at least these three characters (and in some cases John Marston himself) to only appear in camp for story related missions. Most claim that the characters eventually reappear in later chapters, but there seems to be no consistency. What is clear is that even if those characters appear later on, players are missing out on some of their early missions such as those with Jack that introduce fishing into the game. Another frustrating aspect of the bug is that it’s hard to verify as characters are constantly on the move or out of camp for story reasons, making it hard to be sure who is actually missing.

On another Reddit thread, one user appears to have consolidated a guide to avoiding this frustrating bug. First of all, everyone should be making a manual save at the beginning of Chapter 2 . This is probably a wise idea regardless as a lot of irreversible things can happen in the chapter, by accident or design. Manual save options can be found in the Story section of the menu.

Secondly, players should make sure to have a conversation with all of the above mentioned characters before approaching Uncle and accepting his mission. Sleep until night and make sure that all of the camp members are present and accounted for before accepting any mission other than Uncle’s. Check once again to make sure that no one has disappeared before continuing with your journey.

We will update this story if official word from Rockstar is given, although one Reddit user claims that someone at Rockstar Support is at least aware of the problem… even if their current response is simply that those characters will “not be present until the start of Chapter 4”. Hopefully the larger team at Rockstar can fix this fairly significant problem soon.

If anyone gets curious about he gold bar glitch, it messes with stuff when you try it. I got curious and wanted to know if it actually worked, not big on the duplication glitch stuff, but my curiosity got the better of me. I turned autosave off and made a seperate save file. The glitch calls for you to reload your game after saving it in the process of picking up a gold bar. Well, when I reload to save to go pick up the gold bars, my horse and clothes were not the same. My fully leveled thoroughbred, was now a low level chesnut horse named Crapshoot. That was my horses name but its not the same horse. I had the same gear and everything, I had to go back to camp to change clothes again. But my horse was lost, not in the stables either. I would be careful when trying this out.

Staged beta rollout begins tomorrow, with everyone getting access on Friday.

Today, Rockstar Games revealed that the Red Dead Online beta rolls out this week. Tomorrow, owners of the Red Dead Redemption II Ultimate Edition will be the first to ride into the online servers. Wednesday, anyone who played the game on launch day gets to join the fray. Players who first played the game between October 26 and 29 can access the beta starting Thursday, and everyone else can join on Friday.

My mate just picked this up. Good timing on his part.

Hell yeah!

Well I know what I am playing tomorrow. FO76 it’s been fun. :wave:

Rockstar Balances Red Dead Online Currency and Gifts Beta Players Some Moolah

Since its phased launch beginning on November 27th, players have been flooding the plains of the Red Dead Redemption 2 Online Beta with varying degrees of success. One concern raised by many players appears to be around the the balance of the currency and microtransactions involved with purchasing items, including weapons. Seemingly, missions and events give precious little money and gold bars, with the hefty requirements to purchase items being rather unbalanced. Rockstar has now announced that they’ve begun to implement some changes to the experience that aim to balance these issues.

Firstly, cash and gold payments will be increased across a variety of activities, missions and events. Secondly, the price of most weapons will be reduced, with players who have already purchased them receiving a cash injection of the difference into their balances. Finally, values of other items, such as pelts, fish, and horse reviver, have also been balanced.

Rockstar has also assured players that they’re working hard to iron out some of the wrinkles from the experience, including addressing bugs that lead to players being kicked from sessions, with the hope these fixes will arrive in the coming week.

As a way of thanking the community for joining in with the Beta and helping the developers get invaluable feedback to enhance the experience, all players who experienced the Beta up to midnight PST on December 6th will receive a gift of $250 and 15 Gold Bars. That’s virtual, not real, unfortunately. Gifts should start appearing between now and December 14th.

Red Dead Redemption 2 Patch Brings Gifts for Online Beta and Pre-order Players

Rockstar’s latest patch for Red Dead Redemption 2 has added gifts of gold bars and money to thank online beta participants and players who pre-ordered the game.

Title Update 1.05 has been released addressing general improvements to fix game stability, save data and to address exploits.

Gold Gift: As a thank you for your ongoing support, we are awarding everyone who has played from the Red Dead Online Beta launch through this Thursday, December 20th with a gift of 15 additional gold bars. The awards will begin rolling out today and if you haven’t experienced the Red Dead Online Beta yet, play by Thursday, December 20th for eligibility. All gold bar gifts should be delivered by Monday, December 24th. Keep an eye out for an alert screen when entering the Red Dead Online Beta to confirm the gift.

Cash Gift: As an added thank you to players who pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption 2, and those who purchased either the Special or Ultimate Edition, we are awarding additional RDO$ gifts. These will be active starting Friday, December 21st and are automatically added to your character’s balance the next time you play Red Dead Online during the Beta and permanently afterwards:

• Special Edition Owners: RDO$100
  • Ultimate Edition Owners: RDO$1,000
  • Everyone who pre-ordered: RDO$100 (in addition to Ultimate and Special Edition gifts)

Player feedback about Red Dead Redemption 2 can be submitted here.