Minecraft Cross Play for PS4 is Coming Today

As of today (December 10) you can play Minecraft with your PlayStation friends, thanks to a new update for PlayStation owners.

The update is expected to hit PS4 consoles today and will bring the PS4 version of Minecraft in line with other platform variants of the game, such as Xbox One, Windows 10, Nintendo Switch, Android and Gear VR. This will allow PS4 players to play with their buddies on different platforms, as well as get access to the Minecraft Marketplace, which is a source for worlds, skins, mini-games and mash-up packs.

Now for the real reason why you’re reading this article. Will you be able to earn achievements in another version of Minecraft on a PS4? Unfortunately not, a Microsoft spokesperson told Eurogamer that achievements can not be unlocked from the PS4 version and any progress made will go towards unlocking trophies instead. You will, however, need an Xbox Live account to play across different platforms and Xbox Live Gold is not a requirement to play online on a PS4.

The Buzzy Bees update (1.14) is also coming to Xbox Consoles on December 11. The update brings with it Bees, a new neutral mob that spawns in bees nests attached to oak or birch trees and can be found in areas with a lot of flowers. You will also be able to breed bees, craft beehives, use pollination for farming and create honeycomb blocks. If the bees have not been calmed by using smoke and a player tries to harvest the honey from a hive, bees will attack and can swarm the player.

3 Likes

Well this is a bit late now that no one plays it anymore

2 Likes

Nobody you know, maybe. I still see and hear people playing it all the fucking time…I don’t get it.

I occasionally play but not nearly what I used to once the interest from grg died. Fuxking playstation always late to the party and wont even bring anything good to it

My daughter plays it all the time.

1 Like