Infinity Ward on the XBox X CoD MW crashes

They acknowledged the issue and expect to see a patch soon.

We have identified an issue that is affecting some players on Xbox One X. Players affected are experiencing crashes. We are working with Microsoft to address the issue. We genuinely can’t thank you all enough for providing us with your ongoing feedback this launch, every bit of information helps. Stand by for more updates on this issue soon, and thank you for your patience and your help while we work towards a solution.

@codplayers

I saw this earlier. I was thinking about grabbing it cause the game looks fun but I think I’ll wait. I have Destiny and The Outer Worlds to keep me busy .

It happened to me 5 times, but only when I was in multiplayer and in an Xbox party. No issue in Campaign or playing MP solo.

They’ll get it resolved soon. It might be a day or two. If you like old school CoD then you’ll love this. This is really only my one issue with the game.

Finished the Campaign - it was outstanding. Lots of story, character development and cut scenes. Ready to play some co-op. The multiplayer is great just ready for the fix so I can actually be in a party without the freeze. Best CoD in MANY years even with the warts.

1 Like

What about game chat instead of live chat? Worth a try anyway. I loaded it on my old xbox just in case it is still a problem tonight.

Working on that now. Didn’t want to go through the crash-a-thon again tonight so I figured I’d give it a try. I’m enjoying it a lot so far. I have 4 levels left to complete. It’s not a long campaign which is fine as my attention span is short.

1 Like

Looks like the Monday update does not ensure that it stops still says they are looking into it.

Game is not crashing for me .My only problem is I can’t get into party chat at all.

Is party chat working at all for you? Or just not in game?

I’m assuming you pulled the power plug on the XBox and rebooted your router.

Just not in this game . I have tried everything thing I know to get it to work .It was working fine on the very first game I played with Azline , then I stopped for 30 minutes to eat supper , got back online and couldn’t get on party chat .

Well, you deserve it for playing with him.

1 Like

I usually just do a hard reboot of the box when Im done playing just cause til they get it all worked out. I have not crashed at all since the patch