Game of Thrones Talk (Spoilers welcomed!)

Final season premier is confirmed for April 14th.

1 Like

2 Likes

You don’t have to read French to know what that means. Just in case, what the OCSTV representative said is that, according to what HBO last told them, the first two episodes of season eight will be an hour long , which is par for the course for Game of Thrones in terms of long-ish episodes… while the final four episodes will be about 80 minutes —as long as the longest episodes yet, last season’s finale, The Dragon and the Wolf .

Obviously, these are not official running times. In the coming months, as HBO adds the final episodes to their online schedule, we’ll learn their actual length, but in the meantime these are the closest approximations we’ve gotten yet. Though I’m sure final edits will result in changes, and the OCSTV rep was giving us round numbers anyway, not exact figures, if they hold more or less true it means the final season will be as long as season seven, at 7 hours 20 minutes , despite that one comprising seven episodes instead of six, amongst which were the two longest yet in Game of Thrones

0 Likes

The guy that plays Jon Snow made a remark that each episode was like filming a movie, so I’m only surprised that the first two may be the standard one hour episodes.

0 Likes

Good! They already shorted the number of epi’s so longer is good

0 Likes

7 Likes

Its been so long I need to watch last season again so its all fresh in my mind by then

0 Likes

I am rewatching the entire series. Only watched it the first time, so there’s a lot I am picking up now primarily cause I was just trying to keep up while watching the first time thru. And I haven’t read the books so the characters needed a little development. I’m a couple episodes into season 2 so I think I have enough time before season 8 comes out.

1 Like

Back in January, we got a rough idea of the running time for each episode from the French TV network that airs the show: the first two episodes would be about an hour long, while the final four would be around 80 minutes. Though the schedule largely corroborates this, there are two exceptions, as the first episode, at 54 minutes, falls a bit short of being “an hour long”, and episode three is 60 minutes long, not 80:

0 Likes

Episode 1 probably has a good 5-7 min recap of the series plus the intro which is 2 and change, but the run time of the good part of the show is 54mins

1 Like

I’m so excited for the last season. Wife and I are catching up as well and there’s just so much little detail you forget. Just about a month remaining!

3 Likes

When the running times for the eighth and final season of Game of Thrones were revealed on HBO’s schedule a few days ago, the length of the third episode came as a bit of a surprise to us. Though every other episode was just as long as we reported months ago, that third episode was a great exception, as the schedule said it would run for only 60 minutes, not the previously reported 80. Now the schedule has been updated, and would you believe the original report was wrong… but in the opposite direction?

When Orange Cinéma Séries ‘s representative claimed the first two episodes would run for an hour and be followed by four 80 minutes episodes, we were jubilant. When the official HBO schedule fell a bit short of those numbers, especially for the third episode, not so much—though a lot can be done in 60 minutes and I’m sure it would’ve been a great battle regardless, there’s no denying 20 minutes can make a big difference.

However, now it appears the the third episode data was merely a placeholder. The new schedule not only corroborates the original report but slightly improves upon it:

episode 803 running time

At 82 minutes , season eight’s third entry, which will be all about the Battle of Winterfell teased in the trailer, is the longest Game of Thrones episode ever. As of right now, the longest aired episode is the season seven finale, The Dragon and the Wolf , with a running time of 80 minutes that will soon be matched by the final two episodes of season eight. The updated schedule places this mid-season battle episode above even them:

With the season being 22 minutes longer than we were led to believe for a few days, it appears the average season eight episode will be 72 minutes , which is longer than every single aired episode except season seven’s The Dragon and the Wolf

2 Likes

Thoughts on S8E1???

Thought it was good to be the length that it was. Lots going on, but a good foundation for the end of the run.

1 Like

It was like the reunion episode though I loved it. Only reunion we didn’t see was Jaime and Tyrion.

One thing game studios should take notice on whoever manages the servers for HBO. Didn’t see people destroying them for disconnects and you know there were a huge number of people using the HBO streaming service.

0 Likes

Yeah. Reunions were good and long awaited for most I think. Good story/consolidation episode.

0 Likes

Also… To get it on record and I said it last year… I think Jamie will be the one to stab cerci and also be known as queen slayer then

0 Likes

He’s gonna strangle her.

1 Like

Best Quote “I’m waiting on an old friend”

So.Fucking.Epic. fantastic way to end that episode

0 Likes

Damn…this graphic shows parallels between last night and the first episode.

1 Like

There was also a scene where Sansa was looking out of a window, and she looked just like her mother. They did a really good job of bringing everything around full circle to launch the end.

I am in the middle of a rewatch, about halfway thru season 3, and it’s amazing how much foreshadowing occurs in the early episodes. the end of seasons 1 & 2 are crazy eerie in that sense.

0 Likes