Cooking for tonight’s spectacle 2 pork shoulders for pulled pork, 4 pounds of thick cut pork belly for Pork Burnt Ends, Mac and Cheese plus hog Apple baked beans.
Anyone else cooking this weekend?
Not anything fancy, doing some apps for a party we are going to for the fight. The Broncos play at 7 also so I am doing my full tailgate setup in his driveway to pre-fight. Making some stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon. I can take some pics. I would love your recipe for the pork belly if you don’t mind sharing.
I love food pics! Jalapeno Poppers are delicious and everyone has their own variations. Happy to share the brine recipe and let you know how the belly turns out.
Final pics of the Mac & Cheese and the Pulled Pork. Food was phenomenal and the Fight was more entertaining than expected.
@rabb - recipe for that Pork Belly Brine
• 3 quarts water, divided
• 2 cups dark brown sugar
• 1 cup soy sauce
• 1 cup maple syrup
• 3/4 cup sea salt
• 8 cloves whole garlic cloves, peeled
• 6 bay leaves
• 3 large fresh thyme sprigs
• 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
• ¾ cup bourbon
- Place 2 quarts of water in a large pot over medium heat, and stir in brown sugar, soy sauce, maple syrup, sea salt, garlic cloves, bay leaves, thyme sprigs, peppercorns, and bourbon.
- Stir to dissolve brown sugar and salt; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, and stir in remaining 1 quart of water.
- Allow brine to cool completely before using.
Thanks man I am absolutely trying this. Will be great for tailgating.