Activision and Sledgehammer Games have officially announced the dates for the Call of Duty: Vanguard Open Beta.
The Beta will be available first for PlayStation users on both PS5 and PS4 for pre-order customers only. The second weekend of the beta will open up to all PlayStation players, alongside Xbox & PC players.
- PlayStation Early Access (pre-order required): Sept. 10 – 13
- PlayStation Open Beta: Sept. 16 – 20
- Xbox & PC Early Access (pre-order required): Sept. 16 – 17
- Xbox & PC Open Beta: Sept. 18 – 20
The world reveal of Vanguard MP will take place September 7, just before the MP Beta begins for PlayStation users.
Like in previous years, the Vanguard Open Beta will be available to download from your platform’s store when it releases. PlayStation players will be given early access to the beta, ahead of other platforms.
Players can pre-order any edition of Vanguard to get early access to the Open Beta on all platforms, with the beta starting first on PlayStation.
The Call of Duty: Vanguard Beta on all platforms is different sizes based on console generation and region.
For PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, the Beta clocks in at around a 9GB download. For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, the Vanguard Beta is around 11GB download.
Players who jump into and experience the Beta will be able to earn some rewards for their efforts.
Activision has confirmed that players who play the Vanguard Beta will be able to progress the Season 5 Battle Pass in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War & Call of Duty: Warzone.
This means that players can continue to level up their Season 5 Battle Pass while jumping into the Vanguard Beta across both weekend.
In addition, there’s also rewards available to earn by playing the Vanguard Beta for both the game’s launch and Call of Duty: Mobile.
For those who reach Player XP rank Level 20 during the Vanguard Beta will receive the Rat-A-Tat weapon blueprint to use in Call of Duty: Vanguard at launch with availability in Warzone later this year.
Players who play the Call of Duty: Vanguard Beta can also receive the Operator Arthur Kingsley to use in Call of Duty: Mobile on iOS & Android.
The Call of Duty: Vanguard Beta will be the first chance for players to experience the game’s Multiplayer offering ahead of the November 5th launch.
Here’s a look at the content players can experience across both weekends of the Beta.
- Champion Hill
- Hotel Royal
- Red Star
- Eagle’s Nest
Outside of Champion Hill – Vanguard will introduce another new game mode: Patrol. Based on Hardpoint, this objective-based mode features a scoring zone in near-constant motion; if Operators want to rack up points for their team, they should keep up and move around the map within this Patrol point.
These modes are in addition to the classic offerings such as Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed, Domination, and Search & Destroy. These are also the exact modes you can play alongside Patrol during the Beta period (Patrol and Search & Destroy to be available later in the Beta).
Available modes in Beta:
- Champion Hill (Solos, Duos, Trios)
- Team Deathmatch
- Kill Confirmed
- Search and Destroy
- Weapons are persistent through matches. There are ten upgrades per weapon, each adding one attachment.
- There will be three rotating weapon sets, featuring 2 ARs, 2 LMGs, 2 snipers, 2 shotguns, and 2 pistols.
- For Core MP, you’ll be able to level up weapons to level 30.
- PlayStation players will get +2 custom loadout slots (12 total, 10 for other platforms).
Combat Pacing is a feature that allows players to select the intensity of their games. Player count is determined by map size to achieve the intensity described in the Combat Pacing System. Player counts will vary.
- Tactical: These are the lobbies that franchise veterans know well. This is the experience that you’re used to with classic Call of Duty combat timing. Tactical Combat Pacing is always 6v6.
- Assault: Balanced combat pacing that gives you enough room to breathe and a lot of targets to kill. In Beta Weekend 1, player counts will vary between 20-28 players.
- Blitz: High-action lobbies where the intensity is cranked up to frenetic levels. Prepare for plenty of combat when choosing to join a Blitz. In Beta Weekend 1, player counts will vary between 28-48 players.
OPERATORS (Each will have 1 finishing move)
- Daniel Take Yatsu
- Roland Zeimet
- Lucas Riggs
- Polina Petrova
- Wade Jackson
- Arthur Kingsley