Treyarch has announced the first details on the new mid-season update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, which is set to debut new content.
The mid-season update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War will arrive on Thursday, January 14 on all platforms.
This mid-season update will feature new content in MP & Zombies. No info on potential new updates for Warzone has been mentioned as of now.
Here’s what to expect in the modes:
- New Fireteam map : Sanatorium – Deep in the Ural Plains is a Soviet experimental health retreat – the focus of a clandestine investigation by NATO forces in September 1984. Low wooded hills provide cover for fireteam squads to gain reconnaissance over the main, roughly circular-shaped main “hotel”: a concrete, brutalist architectural behemoth flanked by lakeside structures and a large wooden dock. With links to secret testing within State Sanatorium U-23, notes found within the grounds of this sprawling complex indicate a conditioning trial known as Project Golova.
New Mode : Drop Kick 6v6 –
- This frantic game of nuclear hot potato features two teams each vying for control of a special and extremely important briefcase. The round begins with each team racing to the location of the nuclear briefcase and attempting to pick it up. Anyone grabbing the briefcase is automatically equipped with a powerful pistol, but it’s ideally up to the rest of the team to keep the briefcase-carrier safe. The team with the case gains access to launch codes, as well as an ever-increasing score for their team.
- If you die while your team controls the briefcase, you will not respawn until your carrier has been eliminated and the briefcase has been dropped. If your team isn’t carrying the case, it must be flushed out and retrieved before it’s too late. Once one team reaches the score limit by controlling and owning the briefcase, orders to execute a nuclear strike are confirmed, and the round is won… in a highly explosive manner! The first team to 200 score wins.
- New Mode: Cranked – A limited-time mode both literally and figuratively! Keep one eye on the countdown timer, and the other on your zombie-killing: spend too long without an undead takedown and you’ll explode! There’s no time to lose as your survival depends on frantic, terror-filled takedowns where the only respite is the Cranked power-up, granting a brief breather before the carnage continues.
- PlayStation exclusive: Raid added to Onslaught playlist with new Dark Aether intel
Details from Treyarch:
Next week, Season One gets even bigger with new content in Multiplayer and Zombies! Get ready to drop into a massive new Fireteam map with your squad in Sanatorium , and fight for control of the nuclear codes in the all-new 6v6 MP mode, Dropkick .
In Zombies, we’re turning the intensity up to 11 in the new Cranked mode, where every zombie killed resets the timer counting down to your demise. And in Onslaught, Raid joins the map list along with new Dark Aether intel for Zombies fans on PlayStation.
This mid-season update arrives Jan. 14th , with more Season One content to come.
The studio has not announced what the “more Season One content to come” is as of now.