This is a Wiki post. Meaing anyone can edit the information on the OP. Please keep only game information to this post.
What is Black Desert Online?
BDO is a MMORPG
developed by Pearl Abyss and published by Daum in NA, EU, and KR, Gamenet in RU, and Pmang in JP. It features mechanics closely relating to “real life” situations (i.e. no teleport, have to stable horses, e.t.c.) as well as castle sieges, guild wars, world bosses, and pve content.
What separates Black Desert from other games?
- The combat in Black Desert is action oriented. What I mean by this is, you can not Tab Target or lock on to target. This means you have to manually face and aim at what ever you are attacking.
Expansive World -
Many games boast a large world map, but in Black Desert the world is immersive. You cannot simply teleport from one location to another, or fly over the map to your destination. Instead you must walk, run, sail or ride. Each city you visit has its own bank, stable, dock; these places are not magically link to each other.
- The game engine support Black Desert was made for Black Desert. Without going too deep into specifications, suffice it to say that the graphics are on par with any mmo on the market with as light of a load as possible. For some pros and cons, vist the rest of /u/Devoire’s post over on BDO Tome.
What are the minimum PC spec requirements?
32 bit Windows 7 or 8
Intel Core i3-530 2.9GHz
GTS 250 / GeForce 9800 GTX / Radeon HD 6770
Recommended (For Medium to High graphic settings):
64 bit Windows 7, 8.1, or 10
Intel Core i5-650 3.2GHz
GTX 650 / GTX 550ti / Radeon HD7770 / Radeon HD 6770.
##I’m New and Need Help
True newbie guide by Shendare
Master guide list by dulfy.net
● This is a very, very helpful set of guides that should help you learn more about Black Desert:
Enhancement guide and video:
● Guide by Alexmac
● Video by MorrolanTV (very Important in later game)
● Grinding locations for your gearscore by Robeot