Best Live Concert You've Ever Seen?

So I ask this because I just got back from seeing Drake White, Randy House (for the fourth time), and Dierks Bentley (for the third time), and it was the best concert that I’ve seen. Seemed like everyone was happy that the year long tour was ending tonight but they also were so greatful for the sold out show. What’s the best concert you’ve ever seen? Before tonight mine was either Charlie Daniels at Blue Ridge Music Festival 2014 or Rush on their Time Machine tour

1 Like

Green Day was pretty good, 60,000 at an outside gig (National Bowl, Milton Keynes).

Although Rammstein was my first concert - that was pretty cool, the lead singer swung his microphone round by the lead and cracked himself in the head, started bleeding, carried on.
They also had some pyrotechnics (mostly fire) and he crowd-surfed in a dinghy.

My favourite might still actually be Pendulum, small gig, though it was the DJ set (though I think still the official one) that was electric for atmosphere. Small, indoor venue too.

I would have to say mudvayne and disturbed. However my gf and her parents dragged me to Luke Bryan at Gillette stadium and it didn’t suck I can’t lie.

• Rage Against the Machine & Wu-Tang Tour 1997
  • Pink Floyd 1994
  • H.O.R.D.E. Festival 1996 Lenny Kravitz, Blues Traveler, Rusted Root, 311, G-Love and Special Sauce, Taj Mahal, Madeski Martian and Wood
  • Any of the 7 Dave Matthews Concerts
  • Phish (27 shows)
  • Grateful Dead 1995
  • Lalapalloza 1995 Sonic Youth, Cypress Hill, Pavement, Elastica, Beck, Jesus Lizard, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Coolio, The Pharcyde, Helium, The Roots, Moby and a ton more.
  • George Clinton Wilmington, NC 1998
  • Green Day House of Blues Myrtle Beach, SC 1998

All of these concerts were amazing. I really can’t rank them.

2 Likes

Not much of a concert fan, on account of how I don’t like people, especially large crowds. Gimme some caliche roads, Spotify, and the windows down and I’ll jam out that way.

Also not a huge concert goer. But for me it would be Prince’s Jam of the year tour in '97. Was at the fleet center in Boston which is now called the Garden. Had seats on the floor for that one too.

Translation. He saw the Spice Girls.

3 Likes

I’ve only been to a few concets, but Green Day at The Air Canada Centre was a pretty awesome show 2 years ago.

And, this past summer I saw Weezer and Panic at the Disco with my daughter outdoors on the waterfront and it was a pretty good too.

Grateful Dead, RFK - 1995

1 Like

I saw Alice Cooper opening for Rob Zombie a few years ago. It was a damn awesome show. Alice Cooper may be old as hell, but he still puts on a great show.

Also saw Garth Brooks a couple of years ago when he started up his comeback tour. How he can put that much energy in a show amazes me.

Garth just announced another tour. Trying to get tickets to that

Garth Brooks sucks… oh nevermind.

1 Like

I’ve seen some great shows, mostly punk rock shows in little clubs. Some notable ones include Jane’s Addiction opening for Iggy Pop at the City Gardens in Trenton (where I also saw the Ramones, Replacements, Ween’s first show). Tool opening up for the Rollins Band at CBGBs in New York. Firehose and Sonic Youth at Maxwell’s in Hoboken, where I live now. Lolapalooza in 91 was amazing, too.

I’ve been to a few Lollapalooza’s in Philly. Tool headlined one and they were amazing (real surprise there). Also Primus and Alice in Chains in an earlier one. Lane Staley seemed like a dick. Primus was fun.

Honestly my favorite concert was my first back in 1986. Genesis on their Invisible Touch tour. Laugh at me all you want but Genesis was huge back then and they really put on an amazing show. 2 Drum kit solos (Chester Thompson and Phil Collins going at it). It was really a great time.

Other 80’s bands I saw were The Cure and INXS (both several times) and both great.

I don’t go to concerts now, I’m old and cranky. Get off my lawn.