BEER. What's in your glass?

I know of the last month, there has been lot of questions and frustrations over the instability of the Untappd platform. For those are long-time members, it may remind you of the older days of Untappd where we used to crash hard every Friday and Saturday - it sure feels like that to me.

Over the last month, we have experience a number of issues, mainly with high traffic periods, between 2pm to 7pm EST on Saturday and now recently tonight. We have tried a number of things to mitigate the effect on our services, but a lot of these issues we believe stem from our host level Rackspace, and network connections between our servers related to high load.

Unfortunately there lot of moving pieces in the Untappd network, but it is not something that we have visibility over and are working with our host to provide a solution.

I know that many of you are frustrated, and annoyed - but please note I am as well. I’ve pretty much working non-stop for the last month trying to fix this problem. We’ve got all our engineering team working on it as well, but so far - we believe we have a fix, but then something back-fires. Please rest assured that we will continue to seek out ways to improve our service and make Untappd the best and most reliable it can be. I appreciate your patience, support and please know that while this annoying, it’s great for growth as it means more and more people are using Untappd, but making it a great experience is our primary objective.

A post on Reddit from the founder of Untappd. I haven’t experienced many issues, but I guess it’s been crashing hard for others.

Ayinger Oktober Fest-Märzen

Brewed by: Privatbrauerei Franz Inselkammer KG / Brauerei Aying
Germany
ayinger-bier.de

Style: Märzen / Oktoberfest
Alcohol by volume (ABV): 5.80%
Availability: Fall

Went to this really cool tavern over the weekend that specialized in German food and beer. The food was awesome. The beer better. I got a LITER, yes a liter, of this fine beer. It was very very good. I used to be a huge Oktoberfest beer guy but I think I’ve fallen out with that style. Or at least the American micro breweries attempt at the style. Honestly, if you want a good Oktoberfest beer just go get a true German brewed one. They’ve all been great. I really enjoyed this one and need to try to convince the wife to go back so I can have some more.

Just picked up a 4 pack of a little micro brew in my area. Closer to @BalekFekete (it’s in Yardsley).

Belgian Blonde | Vault Brewing Company

Brewed by: Vault Brewing Company
Pennsylvania, United States
vaultbrewing.com

Style: American Blonde Ale
Alcohol by volume (ABV): 6.0% (Beeradvocate.com is wrong, it’s 6.0%)
Availability: Rotating

It’s a pretty solid Belgian styled beer from a very small microbrewery. We ate there a few years ago, the place is located in an old bank with a really cool vault (of course). The beer is pretty good and I’d get it again. Cost is 13 bucks for a 4 pack (pint sized cans).

I love their can styles. Black with the basic font. It think it’s pretty slick looking.

Not my pic

No picture, but team happy hour brought with it a nice draft of A Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’ Ale by Lugunitas at The Brick House in Princeton.

Once I get home will be PUBG with the old fallback of Yeungling.

I bought this just because it looks like the Dragonborn. It’s a 8.5% Scandanavian strong beer with surprisingly good flavor. Not generally a fan of higher percentage. Fus!

Gf won a gift card to a fancy craft beer store at her Christmas party. We just found it. Also, she doesn’t drink. Score one for this guy

Just got back from BC, Canada, and very little selection in the way of decent beers.

Definitely, not a beer destination.

Well it’s Canada, so…

Canadian beer sucks for the most part.

Cooloocoocoocoocoocoocooooooooo

I think I had 25 different beers while I was up there. The only contenders were double IPAs.

I didn’t see any barrel aged beers or NE IPAs in there booze stores. Public or GOV run.

Canadian Beer Movies, on the other hand, are the best.

I live in BC Canada. I could have easily pointed you in the right direction. You didn’t look in the proper areas.

Hopefully off the edge of a cliff. That’s all @Rau deserves.

This province is excellent for craft beer. Off a cliff is about the only place he must have looked

Stayed at Panorama and Fernie.

And, my idea of craft beer isn’t drinking Keith’s or Kokanee.

Red Tape Lager | Jack’s Abby Brewing

Brewed by: Jack’s Abby Brewing
jacksabbybrewing.com

Style: Munich Dunkel Lager
Alcohol by volume (ABV): 5.00%
Availability: Rotating

https://jacksabby.com/beers/red-tape/

Navigating the labyrinth of brewery licensing and state regulations isn’t easy. When we finally got the green light, we also got inspired with the perfect name for our pilot brew. Red Tape Lager has a full malty flavor typical of Bavarian dark lagers. Cold fermented in the 40’s and lagered at freezing, a traditional spunding process allowed for 100% natural carbonation. Prost!

Just picked up my 2nd six pack of pounders. I love this beer and I should as Jack’s Abby makes excellent beers. Very Recommended!

Not my pic.

Wow! So hoppy! So me n son in law saw a truck from them while on road front Cincinnati so we thought we’d give it try. Wow da hops!

PC Pils | Founders Brewing Company

• Brewed by: Founders Brewing Company
  • Style: American Pale Lager
  • Alcohol by volume (ABV): 5.50%
  • Availability: Year-round

Not too bad. Hoppier than I expected but not overbearing.