The Battle Royale mode called Firestorm is set to be released very soon. Anyone interested? I’ll have to give this a try as I already bought Battlefield.
Same. Will definitely give it a go.
I’d give it a try
I’ll try it out. Maybe it will give me new incentive to play.
Below is the list of game “snippets” found through the hard files of Battlefield V . Note that these comments are based on the Redditor’s speculations. They are not necessarily accurate to the coded information, as the user stated themselves:
“Do whatever it takes to survive. Compete solo or in a team to be the last one standing in a vast and dangerous world. Scavenge for supplies, outrun the Firestorm, and fight your way to victory.”
- Three variants: solo, duo (2 player teams), squad (4 player teams) with a player maximum of 64 per match
- Typical Battlefield classes will be present / choosable (snippet: ui/shared/widgets/classinforenderwidget)
- Code shows signs of an LFG system and “backfilling” entries
- Will have a separate ranking system
- Will (probably) occur in Tides of War - at least the code for a connection is already there
- Takes place in Norway (snippet: “/sparta/casablanca/royale/dk_norway-bd00e4f9.png” - also the level name itself contains the word “norway”)
- You parachute from a plane into the war zone (snippet: Paradrop_Exit)
- Your hud will show an altimeter during the free fall / flight (snippet: ui/ingame/hud/widgets/parachutealtimeter)
Gameplay and Rules
- If you get shot by an enemy you enter a “downed” state where you can crawl (but probably not fight) (snippet: DownedState_Crawl_LEFT_3)
- There are various hints to a 3rd person camera angle but they are always tacked to the parachute start or when you get downed / killed
- You have an inventory where you can store loot you find (snippet: UI/Ingame/Hud/Minimap/Inventroy - btw the typo is directly taken from the code)
- Loot has four types of “rarity” (snippet: ui/rarityselection; UI/s/HUD/Loot/RarityOne, UI/s/HUD/Loot/RarityTwo, …)
- You can find better backpacks (three tiers) to extend your inventory
- The map features safes that can be opened (this will be tracked in your stats) (snippet: safesOpened: w(t.royale.safesOpened, 0))
- There are dynamic objectives on the map which you can capture (e.g. “resupply points” as mentioned later)
- Dynamic objectives may also be connected to “lockups” / “vehicle breakouts” mentioned in the code (snippet: w(t.royale.vehicleBreakoutsOpened, 0))
- You can find / use bandages and medic bags (small and large) (snippet: s/Meta/Gadget/Medical_Supplies_smallmedpack)
- Healing probably takes some time (snippet: MedicBag_Apply_Sequence)
- There are three named tiers of armor vests (snippet: UI/Textures/Icons/HudArmourVestTier1, …)
- There is a kind of special “armor plate” without any tiers (sounds like very strong armor loot?) (snippet: UI/Textures/Icons/HudArmourPlate)
Weapons and Vehicles
- Weapons will categorized in tiers (1-4 can be found, 0 may be some kind of start equipment)
- The HUD can feature six types of ammo: LMG, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, SMG and Sniper (snippet: ui/images/hud/ammo/ammo_lmg)
- Various HUD elements give away that vehicles use fuel as a resource and therefore can’t be used without limits (probably for balancing) (snippet: ingame/hud/widgets/fuel; gameplay/schematicchannels/sc_vehiclefuel)
- You can get vehicles by opening “vehicle breakouts” (probably the stronger ones…tanks?)
- The tiger and the valentine are (until now) the only tanks I could find with a direct connection to Firestorm
- Other vehicles: “Halftracknomag”, “Kubelwagen”, “Kettenkra”, “MH101ctor” (snippet: LaVEH_Halftracknomag)
- One interesting air vehicle snippet: “/Core/Vehicles/Air/VEH_plantuka_AI” - could be an AI controlled Stuka (plane + stuka = plantuka?) as a reinforcement
Though DICE refuses to confirm or deny if any of the information is true, a representative was quick to note that everything listed is still subject to change before launch. But so far, the leaked details seem to correspond to the new tutorial quite well. If you’re interested in viewing more snippets from the Redditor, you can visit this link.
If the comments are to be believed, it seems that fans are looking forward to Firestorm bringing new life into Battlefield V. And no doubt EA could use the interest, considering that the title failed to meet expectations after release. Will you be trying the new Battle Royale mode when it launches this month? Be sure to let us know.
I’ll try it out, haven’t touched BF V since Christmas
Coming this month.
One of the surprises revealed for Battlefield V before its launch was that it would indeed be including a Battle Royale mode despite assurances to the contrary. Unfortunately that mode was delayed past the game’s release, instead due to arrive in the third chapter of content that begins this month. Ahead of the mode’s launch, DICE has officially unveiled Firestorm with a new trailer and details.
The Battle Royale mode will see 64 players battle in solo mode or in four-player squads as they fight to be the last people standing. Despite the map being ten times the size of Hamada, there’s a deadly ring of fire getting ever closer. Players will have a range of weapons and vehicles to find, including combat vehicles, artillery strikes, and some high-risk, high-reward Objectives that will definitely give an advantage. Squads will be able to share their equipment and revive fallen squad mates.
Next month, DICE promises the mode will be expanded with new features and improvements, including a Duos mode. However, a lot of the other information unveiled in last week’s leak is yet to be confirmed or denied, so make of that what you will.
Firestorm will arrive for all Battlefield V players on March 25th.