Battlefield 2042 devs DICE are releasing a follow-up to the huge patch that arrived on December 2. This patch on December 9 will fix major bugs and issues with hit registration amongst other things. Here are the full update #3.1 patch notes.
Battlefield 2042 hasn’t enjoyed the smoothest of launches. Fans of the franchise have been displeased with the bug-filled Battlefield experience thus far. Fortunately, DICE have been putting together a patch that is set to fix a lot of the current issues within the game.
December 2’s update #3 was just the beginning of a major update making its way to Battlefield 2042. Therefore, December 9’s update is set to expand on the update that went live just a week ago.
Battlefield 2042’s Update #3.1 will go live at 12 AM PT / 3 AM ET / 8 AM GMT on December 9, 2021.
Although an official release time has yet to be revealed, it is customary for updates to go live at 12 AM PT / 3 AM ET / 8 AM GMT.
Hit registration has been one of the most widespread concerns from the Battlefield 2042 community. The devs took their first step towards fixing the issues in Update #3. With #3.1 DICE continues to tweak this issue.
They confirmed that they have issued “improvements to bullets hit registration consistency and balance changes for bullet dispersion and recoil.”
In addition to weapon and vehicle balancing, DICE has made a point to eliminate annoying bugs from Battlefield 2042.
Thanks to the #3.1 update players will no longer experience the frustration of battling invisible enemies. Although this was a rare bug, there’s no place for it in the game. Bugs related to Grenades and Launchers have also been adjusted.
It seems as though DICE is looking to make the game more enjoyable for players by offering some much-needed aesthetic improvements.
The first of these comes in the form of audio enhancements. This patch will bring forth “Multiple audio improvements to enhance your overall sound experience, focused on clarity, distance and directional perception”. Better audio quality should result in a better gaming experience.
Players can also expect menu improvements that will allow Xbox players to opt-out of Cross-play quicker.
Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
- Players that are not the Party Leader can now cancel while waiting in a queue
- Xbox – Cross-Play can now be enabled/disabled in the Options menu on Xbox
- Your Sort settings will now be correctly remembered when refreshing the Battlefield: Portal Server Browser
- Fixed an issue where loadouts would sometimes be empty on the spawn screen after joining a server, preventing weapon selection
- Made improvements to ensure Aim Assist is more consistent during console gameplay
- Ranger’s effective combat range and overall health has been decreased
- Made various tweaks to the overall audio experience to improve clarity, distance, and directional perception
- Fixed an issue where soldiers would not always play indoor specific footsteps
- Removed bounce from Underbarrel Grenades when firing at short distances
- 40mm AP Grenades now properly damage vehicles
- Fixed some weapons displaying wrong ammo counts for specific magazines
- DXR-1 and NTW-50 Bolt Action rifles reload animation increased by 0.2 seconds
- Adjusted dispersion values for most weapons, which results in a faster dispersion decrease when tap firing or doing short bursts
- Adjusted dispersion increases for most weapons. It now takes slightly longer for weapons to become overly inaccurate in sustained fire
- Adjusted the recoil values to prevent over aggressive recoil jumps for the AK24, LCMG, PKP-BP, SFAR-M GL, and PP-29
- Improved hip fire accuracy for all SMGs to make them better stand-out from other automatic weapon archetypes
- LMG dispersion and recoil lowered to improve performance in sustained fire
- Additional improvements to recoil control for all weapons, more specifically automatic weapons.
- Increased close range damage and consistency of the MCS-880 when using Buckshot Shell or Flechette Shells
- Fixed a bug that caused bullets to be fired below the player’s aims for the SFAR-M GL and the K30
Fixed a bug where vehicle weapons sometimes did not deal blast damage on a direct hit
We’re reducing the Ground Vehicle 30mm Cannon effectiveness versus infantry. It now overheats faster, has a slightly reduced rate of fire and blast damage, and increased fall off damage at distance
- Rate of Fire 350 → 330
- Heat Per Bullet 0.13 → 0.14
- Heat Drop Per Second 0.5 → 0.475
- Blast Damage 20 → 18
LCAA Hovercraft – 40mm GPL Grenade Launcher
- Blast Damage lowered from 55 → 35
The 40mm Utility Pod upwards firing angle is now easier to use
EBAA Wildcat – 57mm Cannon
- Removed dispersion
- Ammo 12 → 8
- Impact Damage 85 → 75
- Blast Damage 70 → 35
- Increased the time to detonate a Frag Grenade from 1.1s → 1.4s after first bounce on a hard collision
- Increased damage of Frag Grenades across game modes to deal 120 damage and guarantee a kill on armored players too
- Reduced Frag & Incendiary Grenade max ammo account from 2 → 1
- Lowered spotting radius from 30m → 20m
- Lowered uptime from 30s → 14s
- Lowered amount of Prox Sensor a player can carry and deploy from 2 → 1
Battlefield Hazard Zone
- Fixed an issue that caused the roaming Occupying Forces LATV4 Recon to spawn at the wrong times or not at all
- Kaleidoscope – Rooftop Capture Objective has been removed. There are now two Capture Objective at the bottom in BT large and one at the bottom in BT small
- Orbital – Rooftop Capture Objective has been removed. There is now a single Capture Objective at the bottom in BT large and BT small
- Hourglass – Rooftop Capture Objective has been removed. There is now a single Capture Objective at the bottom in BT large and BT small. Also fixed an issue where players were spawning out of bounds
- Improvements on back pedaling into objects when being in prone position
- Fixed a rare issue where players could turn invisible when spawning on a full/destroyed vehicle