X-Box One F2P Poll

Ello Reapers. Please take a moment to read below about the Poll.

Xbox Store has quite a few Free-to-Play games. So looking at that everyone(XB1) should have easy access to these, maybe we could come up with a random game to try, test, or destroy as a community. This also takes away the ‘having’ to buy something to play with others…I dub this…working title…Friday Freebies…yes…no…dont matter.

How did I select games to Poll…

1. Free to download and Play
  2. Must have co-op/ group play options
  3. Must have online co-op

Alright so now the Poll. Please check off titles that you find interesting or would like to try with the community. Below the poll is a brief description or keywords based on the title.

• TROVE
  • ROBLOX
  • SMITE
  • Warframe
  • World of Tanks
  • DC Universe Online
  • APB Reloaded
  • HAWKEN
  • Happy Dungeons
  • Happy Wars
  • Star Trek Online
  • NeverWinter
  • AirMech Arena
  • Onigiri

0 voters

• TROVE - (1-60 players)
    Voxel-Based action MMO. 14 classes. Player created content. Battle deadly monsters, loot epic treasures, ride a dragon, build brand new worlds. Plus various more activities.

• ROBLOX - (1 -100 players)
    a user-generated massively multiplayer online social gaming platform. In Roblox games, players explore 3-D worlds. Activities in the game world include exploring, crafting items, resource gathering, and combat.

• SMITE - (1-10 players)
    5v5 MOBA type gameplay. Players choose from a diverse cast of deities. 3rd person perspective.

• Warframe - (1 - 4 players)
    Warriors of blade and gun. 3rd person shooter. In Warframe, players control members of the Tenno, a race of ancient warriors who have awoken from centuries of cryosleep to find themselves at war with different factions.

• World of Tanks - (1-30 Players)
    15-v-15 tank battles. 5 distinct tank classes at your disposal.

• DC Universe Online - (1-450 Players)
    Massive online action game set in the DC Universe. Choose to be Hero or Villian and create your own superhero to fight along side some of DC’s ledgendary characters such as Batman, Lex Luthor, etc…

• APB Reloaded - (1-100 Players)
    (COPS AND ROBBERS GAME) APB: All Points Bulletin takes place in the modern-day city of San Paro where there is a constant battle between Enforcers and Criminals, and the player will need to decide to which faction they want to belong.
    Gameplay typically consists of the two sides fighting one another in missions, where one side must complete a series of objectives with the other side attempting to stop them doing so. Players earn money for participating in these missions, which can then be used to upgrade weapons, vehicles, and their character appearances, all of which influence the game.

• HAWKEN - (1 - 12 Players)
    War is a Machine. Pilot hulking death machines and use massive weaponry to destroy your foes in fast paces FPS gameplay. 26 unique Mechs in 3 classes. 6 game modes.

• Happy Dungeons - (1 - 4 Players)
    Co-Op action RPG set within a bizarre world overflowing with comical characters. Character customization. Dungeon Crawler.

• Happy Wars - (1 - 16 Players)
    Happy Wars is a multiplayer online game, defined as a role-playing strategy game, although it also has a short story-driven single player campaign mode. The multiplayer mode consists of two teams of up to 15 players attempting to destroy the other team’s castle while also defending their own.

• Star Trek Online - (1 - 5 Players)
    MMO. Each player acts as the captain of his or her own ship. Players are able to play as a starship, controlling the ship’s engineering, tactical, and science systems. Players can also “beam down” and move around as a player character in various settings with access to weapons and specific support and combat skills relating to their own characters’ classes. The two combat systems are intertwined throughout the game: away-team missions feature fast-paced “run-and-gun” combat, while space combat stresses the long-term tactical aspect of combat between capital ships. Both are offered in concert with the Star Trek storyline and emphasize ship positioning to efficiently utilize shields during space combat, as well as the player’s away team’s positioning in consideration of flanking damage and finding various weaknesses to exploit during ground combat.

• NeverWinter - (1 - 5 Players)
    MMORPG. Players can become one of eight Dungeons & Dragons character classes and form groups. Neverwinter is based on a modified version of the Dungeons & Dragons 4th edition rules set. This includes the use of healing powers and action points, the latter of which is implemented through a system referred to as dailies, allowing a player to perform a special ability by accumulating enough action points through combat. A player-created content system codenamed “Foundry” allows players to create their own stories and quests.
    When asked for gameplay details, Jack Emmert explained, “It’s not an MMO in the sense that there aren’t zones with hundreds-and-hundreds of people. You are not fighting for spawns. There’s a very strong storyline throughout the game. So it’s more of a story-based game closer to things like Dragon Age or Oblivion, which we really try to follow.”

• AirMech Arena - (1-6 Players)
    RTS. AirMech puts the player in similar perspective of a giant transforming robot that can fly above the battle as well as land on the ground to aid units. The game revolves around the player controlling their AirMech directly and then building units to assist in achieving whatever the goal of the game mode is. The player can build units and pick them up and can place them down on the battlefield to take part in the battle. The main objective of the game is to destroy the other team’s fortress and/or keep the player’s fortress running. The fortress spawns creeps which are infantry units that can capture outposts. Outposts are buildings that can heal AirMechs and units if they are picked up.

• Onigiri - (1 - 5 Players)
    MMORPG. Unlike most other MMORPGs that have different races or classes, in Onigiri players can only play as Oni and choosing a class involves picking a favored weapon to specialize in. When creating a character, players choose one of five traits that will determine which weapons they can use. The traits are Power (Axe, Oodachi, Spear, and Sword), Defensive (Spear and Staff), Kind (Staff and Wand), Daring (Axe, Oodachi, Dual Swords, Bow, and Sword), and Cautious (Dual Swords, Bow and Wand). Characters level up five basic stats: Power, Vitality, Wisdom, Mind and Dexterity.

I am interested in Trove. We used to have quite the number playing Tanks including myself. I also still have smite loaded and would be willing to play that.

Neverwinter is fun and really cool with user created dungeons, which are free. If you are D&D fan this game really ties into the lore and has a good story. Some of the user created dungeons have better content then some of the paid DLC I have seen on AAA games. I played this on PC for awhile. The game can defintely be played solo for the sotry and some of the user created dungeons as there is group finder. Stay away from the PvP unless you intend to sub.

SCREENSHOTS FOR EACH GAME HERE:

I picked Trove out of all the titles you picked. I haven’t really played it yet and it sounds the most intersting.

I have played Star Trek Online and it wasn’t my thing. Which is a shame as I’m a huge trekkie. The Story and away missions just left a lot to be desired.

Smite is interesting but it just couldn’t grab my intrest. I mainly played arena and it just seemed like a giant game of dodge ball. People just posteriing up to get a kill that overextends.

Neverwinter isn’t too bad. I just got annoyed with the ENDLESS reminder to buy stuff from the pay shop. Plus it’s an older MMO that strived to be difficult for difficult sake. Finally, PvP is a joke. You either run Rogue/Theif or you died.

War of Tanks is for the old folk like @HAWKLANDER.

Spend a few bucks and get Elder Scrolls Online.

lol yeah these are the titles that allow multiplayer yet are free to all xbox players. Seems like TROVE is the popular one not many ppl thought about.

For a GRG night I picked WOT, Hawken, and STOL. I have them downloaded but hardly play them but if we could put a group together it could be fun.

I have Trove downloaded but have yet to play it. Looks interesting. I’ve also been interested in Warframe. I’ve heard it is kinda like destiny.

Yeah Warframe is similar to Destiny. But seems to be enough differences to gather ones attention. I have both DL’ed…holla if you need a running buddy on any of these games.

I hate you

1 Like

Hahaha, had to bring you out of hiding!!!