Refer A Friend To Destiny For A Sweet Sparrow And Co-op Emotes

While many are still actively playing Destiny, Activision and Bungie are looking to extend the game’s reach even further. To do that, the duo are enlisting existing Guardians to help bolster the game population.

In order to do that, Bungie recognizes you’re going to need a little incentive to hook your friends. The new Refer-a-Friend program heaps on rewards for those that team up with newbies and accomplish in-game tasks.

Here’s how it works. On the Bungie website, after you sign in, you’ll see a button that says “Invite a Friend Today.” Clicking that generates a unique link that can be used by one player. Guardians are only eligible for referral within the first week of play (based on account, not character).

Once you’re linked up, you’ll both unlock the “A Tale of Two Guardians” quest from the Speaker in the Tower. Completing that quest will earn you a slate of rewards:

Elemental Infinite Edge (Sword)
EV-34 Vector Infinite (Sparrow)
Duo Dance (Emote)
High Five (Emote)
Infinite Link (Banner)
Sign of the Infinite (Emblem)
The program is only available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, and it requires that new players purchase The Taken King. For most, that won’t be an issue, since the content is now bundled.

The issue I have is it requires a purchase to start with… No free try for a few days? Isn’t that how all refer a friend programs usually work? If they haven’t bought it yet how would this get them to buy it now.

1 Like

But even with WoW you at least got like some days free to try the game before you pay for it.

But don’t say it’s a wow thing to do, like everything blizzard done, they just copied somebody else :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh I see, you actually have a problem with them doing this?

It don’t bother me, I wouldnt get anything special out of it. The sword is whatever, the sparrow looks cool but it’s not better then any other sparrow, and the emotes are just that, emotes.

There is nothing wrong with them trying to make more money, that is the goal of any entertainment company. And more players is always good for gaming community.

I just think they are not going about it the best way.