My Journey on Cutting The Cord

Yeah another shitty thing. they will charge you whatever they can get away with and if there is no competition it will be higher. A lot of times they justify it by saying infrastructure costs because of distance. I can understand that but not at the levels at which they charge.

1 Like

I have the 6183 and was trying to use but the cable guy who came to my house looked the internet and ethernet box and looked incredibly confused. As I walked him thru everything I had to explain several times over. I ended up asking to hook up the main set up and I did the rest. Not sure what about a ethernet switch is so confusing? Had a second one come to follow up, after a complaint from me for the service charge since I did the work and he decided without speaking with either of us to switch an ethernet jack to a data for phone in the office when there was one already in the room and we don’t have a land line LOL. I am fearful this company can not handle me calling and switching the mac address to authenticate the modem. I am waiting for the initial year move in package of no cost modem to end and then will we see if they can handle it. I will upgrade internet speeds at that time as well. Sad but here the company was Charter. Our service was TWC and was solid and at least they could handle changing the mac address for me to have my own modem. LOL . Waiting and hoping Spectrum can handle that piece

Also when the cutting the cord will occur. AT&T now has 100 and 1000 in the area but new waiting to see if they can truly guarantee those speeds on a consistent basis. Neighbor put in and so far paying for a lot more than getting.

Anyway the 6183 was a rock solid modem as long as TWC pushed the updated firmware

I have a Q Box Android Box that came pre programmed from a local guy for $150. It gets regular updates and the FB support page is very active. There are minor streaming issues depending on the show but it’ll even play Live Sports or News. I have a really fast connection so I haven’t had too much of an issue. If I didn’t have this option in town I would probably still rely on Netflix and Crunchyroll. I refuse to get cable.

1 Like

Is Kodi running on the Q Box?

It is. I wouldn’t be able to run anything if it wasn’t all pre programmed. They’ve set up different builds and applications. You just click and go

Can I have two modems in my house? The one is downstairs with T he Xbox but sometimes the signal upstairs in the bedroom is spotty. Would like to add a second modem upstairs at this price if possible.

No. You would need a wi-fi extender.

2 Likes

Those fucks

My wife is the only one who uses it, so I guess they still have hgtv and food network

I’ve got a lot of fine tuning to do with our media setup now, so I’ll look into Hulu. Thanks for heads up, I guess I wasn’t aware they offer live service

Same actually. The wife’s tv is an older LCD that isn’t smart or have any bells and whistles. Damn thing is heavy as hell compared to the newer TV’s and it’s only like 8 years old. All this may be in vain as GoT is starting soon and life will revolve around that hour every week.

Yeah i got that email as well.

When they started dropping channels i start looking at the alternatives. In all honesty they still provide the best package by price. I am always looking out for the better deal since there is no contract and you can cancel via website.

In the channels they lost you will notice that most of the other streamers if not all no longer carry those channels as well. Greedy fuckers who cant get past changing their business model. They are just going to loose in the end to new content providers making their own stuff like Netflix, Youtube and Amazon.

Went without cable for 6 years and got it last year for the NHL season. Going to cancel again. It’s far too expensive. Not sure what the average cost is in the states, but for me to have TV+Internet /w HBO is costing me $200/month. It’s pretty crazy.

I still have cable but pay for all sports streaming packages

I’m in Canada so Vue isn’t available unfortunately. Nor services like Hulu. I do have NHL Gamecentre Live (get it for free with my cell phone subscription) but blackouts prevent me from watching roughly 50% of the home games.

Go Leafs Go!

Just in time for GOT, Hulu has added HBO and Cinemax as options.

1 Like

Was all ready to get HBO through Hulu and it barely is on any streaming devices right now. No Roku or Firestick right now.

Hulu must have payed out the ass. The streaming device deals may come soon.

Yeah but not in time for GoT, of course could watch on my computer