My Journey on Cutting The Cord

Yeah but not in time for GoT, of course could watch on my computer

Shit I’ll finally use Kodi with GoT coming back

I think I will use Hulu for HBO since with the kids, I am better off watching on my computer or iPad anyway.

And Hulu really has upped their game. I was browsing through their movies last night and they had a lot of good content. Went with Wrath of Kahn.

Welp, it’s official. Turned in my TV equipment today. Officially cordless.

3 Likes

But they add up quickly. $10 for Netflix, $10 for Amazon (AMZN, Tech30) Prime, $12 for Hulu, $7 for CBS, and however much Disney or ESPN’s service will cost … it could one day cost consumers more to get the content that they want than by buying cable.

What did i say in the other thread.

Honestly, I’m almost ready to just pay by show. What good does HBO do me when all I care about is Game of Thrones? So many other channels like that as well.

Getting ready to cut the cord. Looking at updated options. Gonna boost internet speed and add streaming we have devices needed already.

Trying to decide which internet service to go with. Have spectrum and has been consistent In my area for the most part

AT&T has fiber in the area have never had AT&t for internet and do not know if its consistent or if they are a major pain in the ass for customer service. Anyone have experience with AT&T Fiber and can share their experience ???

Don’t know about the fiber part but when it was UVerse a few years ago, my folks hated it. They’ve since changed and went back to cable. I know, helpful…

Yes my folks too had UVerse and not reliable why Im asking, just not sure its any different

Finally Cut the Cord and I have to say watching this cable boxes leave the house felt Great. Increased internet and went with Spectrum for now. Reading article after article about streaming services what are most people using these days. Vue Sling, Hulu???

Netflix we have had for forever so that doesn’t figure in for me just keeping that as is and adding. Hard to keep up with the changes in who added removed what

1 Like

I don’t have a need to cut the cord where I live but the one thing I have noticed with Hulu’s service is some channels like AMC which are important to me are not carried.

i have been sticking with VUE lately paired with Netflix and Prime.

Every once in awhile I take a look at the others (hulu, sling, etc…) but VUE still has the best packages / price / features for what i want.

Still with Vue myself. No regrets.

Yes we went with Vue and have netflix. Went back and forth between Hulu and Vue
Thanks for the input.

Ouch.

Ouch. I saw that you can get it through Vue which was basically a feed from the NBC app. But instead i went low tech and watched it from OTA broadcast. Crisp and clear in 1080i and no issues.

1 Like

Our Cincinnati bell fioptics glitched and switched to This Is Us with about a minute left. Missed the end.

1 Like

Is Sony Vue still the best option? My wife is finally getting over the bill and we’re looking at switching. Verizon is killing us for DVR rentals. I need to see what channels the wife watches and see if this aligns. I’ll also need to make sure the kiddo can watch his Sixers (and he may want ESPN for other games).

Pros for Vue:

• Local Channels
  • Cloud Based DVR
  • Our 2 main TVs are Sony Smart TVs which can just run the App.
  • Can run 5 streams simultaneously

Cons

• Obviously doesn’t run on XBox so I’d have to leave that ecosystem downstairs
  • Need an Amazon Firestick or Roku (have a few Firesticks arleady).