Music!

The Cure release Boy’s Don’t Cry this day back in 1980. It’s one of my favorite albums. Just imagine a Goth Lala. Yeah, that’s hot.

1 Like

In honor of getting tickets to my 6th Rush concert today.

Mastadon - Asleep in The Deep

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

As a musician and arranger, I need to understand how Beck whens album of the year. I think either there was nothing else of any substance this year, or I am just missing something. What is it about Back that is so appealing?

Have you listened to the album?

Not thus latest one, but I’ve played and listened other beck songs and I don’t see the big deal.

Well, you can’t judge it if you’ve never heard it.

Also, does anyone think a Beyonce album is anything of quality? Auto tuned singing, computerized instruments. Just tired shitty pop music. Did it have more hits? Sure? Is it better music? I don’t know, nor care.

1 Like

Kanye is just digging a deeper hole. Eventually they will ban him from award shows. I have not listened to Beck or Bey’s new album but of the 2 I would say Beck’s is at least music he wrote, arranged, played, and sang for the most part. Bey on the other hand has 20 people involved in every song, most of the music is electronic ,all her songs sound the same, and most are repetitive verses over and over. Yes Beck uses electronic music also, but not as much. I am not biased either. I enjoy both types of music.

For comparison

Beck - Blue Moon

Beyonce - 7/11

1 Like

OK. So, I listened to the Beck album two times yesterday. I find it very folk songy. Reminds me of Crosby Stills, Nash, and Young or something. Not bad, but just doesn’t seem like an album of the year. So, I’m left with the conclusion that it was a bad year for music and this was really the only thing different this year, or I’m just out of touch. Either way, it’s not a bad album, just no means my album of the year. My personal fav of the year was Life in The Bubble by Gordon Goodwin’s Big Phat Band

Try and use Youtube links.

Why shit so crazy?!

1 Like