Incursion Patch 1.1 current given notes

To offset low material “nerf” we’re now getting a GAURANTEED High End from every named NPC (PvE and PvP)! Now, I can get on board with the patch!

2 Likes

How will that ruin the game? Most gear I get don’t work with build I am focusing on. The guareenteed drops maybe only level 30 gear while there will be 31 and 32 gear.

It just might be a way for low geared people to try catch up for incursions, which they recommend all 31 gear for hard mode.

I don’t see it any different as of now as for farming. Some claim that farming bosses in DZ has always been a more effective way to get Phoenix Credits than doing dailies. Granted I don’t see this being a guarantee as other players on server can change this factor. And the yellows you get from challenge mode are very random and only level 30.

Either way from the sound of it crafting will still be the main way to get best gear so it’ll still be about farming Phoenix Credits to buy the best blueprints. I think Incursion and supply drops (I assume this is where we’ll see some Path of the Nomad pieces) will be just as important now.

But named boss drops will more likely be turned into crafting materials, which is how it’ll make up for crafting nerf

75 and 90 rank items will be using PHoenix Credits and sounds like new gear and blueprints in BoO.

I been wondering about that as well, sounds like the upper level of DZ is getting seperated more for a higher difficulty. When they were discussing that I got confused

But they did talk about how gear would be moving off vendors throughout updates to bring better high level gear into the game.

3 resources they been giving lot of this info on. The Special Report, this Week’s State of the Game stream, and they released a new podcast this week.

I don’t see that. They are introducing new daily and weekly objectives that can be completed both in and out of the DZ. I think the move definitely promotes THEIR objective for the DZ (I think there will be more rogues than ever if you know there is a 99.9% chance that every player has a high end item in their pack). But, they made the crafting numbers more unforgiving, and introduced a way to get more high end items to craft with. I see that as a perfectly acceptable alternative. And, with the ability to trade, the likelihood that you can find someone in your group who could use that high end item is much higher. I’ve had some pretty decent drops and rolls, so I haven’t been in the whole grind for crafting items loop yet. But, it will definitely help offset the player base that has a pack and chest and 2 alts (exaggeration) full of high end stuff for the players who exploited or have 23 hours a day to play…

I will run the challenge for the challenge (not even close to serious) lol. No, but the harder bosses will guarantee a higher lvl high end item. That could be a great way for people to git gud for the incursion. I will try to complete those for that, but mostly will do the hard dailies. Just looking for the brighter sides I guess…

I disagree with this. Reason I do is most of my gear was crafted or bought from vendor, so I could get gear for build I was working on. I didn’t just put on any yellow and be like “I’ll work with this”. And then each week the gear changes on the vendor. There has been a piece of gear I have bought each week cause it helped me with what I am going for.

I kept saying “I’m going to save my Phoenix Credits for update”, most thinking about buying the gear pieces that are avaible for crafting, not knowing how much they will cost.

But guess what? I keep finding stuff or doing stuff to improve my builds, this week I went from 400 Phoenix Credits to hardly none.

And if they doing what I think they are saying Some challenge mode bosses will have gear set pieces that only drop on them. Plus also sounds like you’ll be guareenteed a level 32 gear off challenge mode bosses.

This. I totally forgot about that. If the gear is "tied: to a specific character, you would have to do the challenge for that character for a chance at the lvl 32 drop.

I don’t think they’ll ever be useless for min-maxer like me cause I’ll want most of the crafting recipes plus never know what random gear will come out in vendors each week,

I want 4 sets of gear, I can hardly get one set now as it is, after a month of the game. Then this set will slowly be worthless as level 32 gear is coming in.
So yeah I still think because of RNG I’ll still be using lot of Phoenix Credits.