Friday the 13th - The Game

1 Like

As the below clip shows, while leaping through glass does allow you a brief respite from your lumbering, determined foe, it does come with a cost. Namely that you are now injured and covered with cuts. Plus, your shirt is ruined.

Gun Media, the developers behind Friday the 13th: The Game, continue to drop these tiny little bites of footage, each one showcasing a small aspect of the game. The attention to detail to such small things as leaping through glass (which is normally blithely done without consequence in most games) does give me hope that the extra time being put into this game thanks to the recent delay is going to some of these small details.

Friday the 13th: The Game is currently scheduled for a Spring 2017 release. Make sure to practice your dramatic window dives in the meantime.

You can just have your dumber friends jump through all the windows first. Operation human shield.

3 Likes

When it comes to horror, atmosphere can make or break the experience. This is something that Gun Media seem to be well aware of, as they are keen to show off the level of polish they are putting into the upcoming Friday the 13th: The Game with this latest short video. Sit back and watch the eerie clouds.

Friday the 13th: The Game is scheduled for a Spring 2017 release on the Xbox One.

@beers_and_leafs This is the game we’ve been waiting for!

Hopefully we can get enough people to play it.

I’m sure we will. I know a couple people with this game on their radar.

I’m getting it.

I’m on this day one. Chi chi ha ha motherf$&kas

If I get spawned as the cardigan wearing hipster db I’ll be actively seeking Jason to kill me.

1 Like

any game where I can stuff @Azalin4savioR in a toilet bowl is a winner.

Exclusive: Tommy Jarvis Reprised by Thom Mathews in Friday the 13: The Game – First Footage!

You might know Thom Mathews for his unforgettable 80s horror roles in The Return of the Living Dead, Return of the Living Dead II and Jason Lives: Friday the 13th Part VI. If you don’t, your horror experience is lacking and we’re disappointed in you. But never mind that — today we’re excited to be the first to reveal that Mathews will be making a return to the Friday the 13th series to reprise his role as Tommy Jarvis, Jason’s recurring archnemesis from F13 movies Part IV-VI. Mathews was the third actor to play Jarvis, with John Shepherd and Corey Feldman cast in earlier entries in the series.

Tommy Jarvis is set to appear in Friday the 13th: The Game to help counselors take down Jason once and for all. The premier gameplay trailer showing Jarvis’ return includes the character’s iconic taunt in which he calls Jason “maggot head”. If you’re a fan of the movies, this should be quite amusing. The character also shares Mathews’ likeness.

It’s not clear what type of abilities Jarvis will have against Jason, but with shotgun in tow, I’m sure the unkillable monster will meet his match. Friday the 13th: The Game is set to release in early 2017, with the multiplayer beta (for PC) launching sometime soon for Kickstarter backers and those who preordered the game. Check Tommy Jarvis’ reveal in the trailer below!

2 Likes

Lame! Jason is supposed to be OP… maybe if Tommy gets to ride in the sheriffs daughters tbird again… I’ll allow it.

1 Like

17 Minutes of Friday the 13th Counselor Gameplay - IGN First

2 Likes

I’m def getting this game. :+1:t3: Looks fun.

Here are the confirmed counselors and Jason’s for the beta! This game is looking damn good. Can’t wait to try it!
http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topic/2238-confirmed-counselors-and-jasons-for-beta-wstats/

So Jenny is lucky… and the emo character has no luck… sucks to be her

Too bad there won’t be a console beta. :thumbsdown:

2 Likes

no console beta, what’s the point in that.

Ya, what the fuck? That sucks.