Did Ronda Rousey get the EA curse?

On Friday, EA announced Ronda Rousey as the cover star for EA Sports UFC 2. On Saturday night, the previously unbeaten fighter was knocked out by Holly Holm. There is no question that Rousey remains one of the world’s premier UFC fighters, so we wouldn’t expect this loss to affect her role in the upcoming game.

Is the Madden curse actually a EA curse?

The more likely scenario is that she’s become too absorbed with the celebrity lifestyle. Hell, if Holm had told Rousey’s boyfriend that she could show him what a real woman was, we’d practically have witnessed a real life version of the first act of Rocky III.

1 Like

Ronda Rousey got the slow, fat curse. She was so out of shape for that fight. She looked gassed by the second round. I guess that’s what happens when you use your face as a punching bag.

It’ll be interesting to see if she can come back from this. It really was a one sided fight.

She also tried to go toe to toe, which is a mistake when you’re not a good striker going against one of the best women’s boxers ever.

Anyone that really though she would beat Holm they are crazy. Holm is a beastly man of a women. Holm was motivated. Rousey was motivated to take some time off and work on her movie.

1 Like

Rousey could of won if she could get in and get her to the ground. Rousey’s ground game is technically better. In fact she almost got her patented arm bar. Holm’s was very lucky to escape that.

Even still, Ronda was slow, fat and awkward during the fight. Holm’s schooled her.

2 Likes

Rousey looked like shit in the ring. Very slow… sloppy footwork… and yes, Gasses late in the first round.

I’m a big fan of hers but im glad to see her lose. the class was getting boring. it’ll be nice to have things shaken up. As good as holms is, its still fucked up that a #9 got a shot at the title. her last 2 fights were won by splits IIRC. Thats not saying she isnt a great fighter, but feel like she got her title chance really quick.

Also hope they start bringing in other top tier chicks now. they kept giving Ronda easy fighters.

Problem is, the top contenders have all faced Rousey at least once before (one twice, I believe), and all lost in the first round. They had to present a match that we haven’t seen before, and it was down to Holm. As bad as the other contenders are, they would have probably been beat by Holm eventually.

well again, UFC hasnt been going after the good fighters. rousey is #3 at Judo, not #1… but ufc doesnt wanna sign the other chicks for whatever reason they have… dana white has been getting a little Don King lately…

I can’t wait to see McGregor get his knee kicked inwards next month :smile:

I’m pretty sure we’ll see the rematch before Rousey makes any kind of WWE jump.

2 Likes

WMMA is so new there really isn’t any talent. Ronda is the new Royce Gracie. Noone knew how to defend against jujitsu at ufc 1. So Royce dominated. Things changed after people adapted.

You’ll see that now with WMMA. Hell, I can’t remember the last arm bar submission in men’s mma.

1 Like

1 Like